What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Msn 8 freeze

Msn 8 freeze
Author: Message:
xx-DaRo-xx

O.P. Wink  Msn 8 freeze
After a week working to configure my new machine, I decide to install Windows Live Messenger last version at this post, and Messenger Plus live, what's my surprise find that frozen, I try to view a contact image, frozen, open a new windows frozen, after wait continue working but must pass 1 or 2 or 3 or… many minutes before work, so after a lot of reinstalling and uninstalling, configuring msn 7, 4, 5,etc, I decide investigate if someone else were affected ha ha ha ha ha suppose to do first, and searching post here talking about installation I conclude was the order of installing, many users first installed msn live because was released first than IE7 and include with this install they install Messenger Plus live, so I decide after running windows updates, first uninstall everything that I have, msn, plus, but not IE, those 3 things, and reboot, after that I was already to try a new battle for pass the frozen age, first install msn live messenger, after that, configure Messenger Plus live, and finally I reinstall IE7 because I already have installed, so if you not have installed first install everything MSN, Plus, etc, and finally IE7, end of the Ice age, no more frozen, and all you need to do, is install everything in order, so who have this trouble I hope find this information useful.

Windows Live Messenger Ver. 8.0.0812.00
Messenger Plus! Live Ver. 4.10.0.250
And 4.01 something like that.
11-19-2006 10:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Msn 8 freeze
Thank you for the info :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-19-2006 05:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Msn 8 freeze
quote:
Originally posted by xx-DaRo-xx
After a week working to configure my new machine, I decide to install Windows Live Messenger last version at this post, and Messenger Plus live, what's my surprise find that frozen, I try to view a contact image, frozen, open a new windows frozen, after wait continue working but must pass 1 or 2 or 3 or… many minutes before work, so after a lot of reinstalling and uninstalling, configuring msn 7, 4, 5,etc, I decide investigate if someone else were affected ha ha ha ha ha suppose to do first, and searching post here talking about installation I conclude was the order of installing, many users first installed msn live because was released first than IE7 and include with this install they install Messenger Plus live, so I decide after running windows updates, first uninstall everything that I have, msn, plus, but not IE, those 3 things, and reboot, after that I was already to try a new battle for pass the frozen age, first install msn live messenger, after that, configure Messenger Plus live, and finally I reinstall IE7 because I already have installed, so if you not have installed first install everything MSN, Plus, etc, and finally IE7, end of the Ice age, no more frozen, and all you need to do, is install everything in order, so who have this trouble I hope find this information useful.

Windows Live Messenger Ver. 8.0.0812.00
Messenger Plus! Live Ver. 4.10.0.250
And 4.01 something like that.

This is the exact thing that i said about in this thread i just assumed it was WLM causing the eroor, not plus.
11-19-2006 05:35 PM
xx-DaRo-xx

O.P. RE: Msn 8 freeze
Please put if work for someone else or just for me. Thx.
11-19-2006 11:32 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: