What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » changing default lang. after installing in English

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
changing default lang. after installing in English
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: changing default lang. after installing in English
Thank you but I have heard only the name of registry until now. I have never changed something in registry. So I have no idea how to open registry or to change a value. For example I wrote HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Patchou..... to the address bar of Internet Explorer but it didn't return anything:P  Is there an easy way to change that value, or I plan to rename the Lng_Default.ini file as Lng_English, and Lng_Turkish as Lng_Default. Does such thing cause a problem with Messenger Plus! considering next updates?
01-20-2007 10:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: changing default lang. after installing in English
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Thank you but I have heard only the name of registry until now. I have never changed something in registry. So I have no idea how to open registry or to change a value. For example I wrote HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Patchou..... to the address bar of Internet Explorer but it didn't return anything
Start > Run
type regedit and browse the registry "folder" in the left panel. At the right panel you'll see the keys that exist inside each "folder".

Warning: it is very dangerous to modify the registry if you don't know exactly what you're doing. It can cause that programs don't behave correctly or even that Windows doesn't boot. Be very careful when modifying the registry or don't modify it at all.
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I plan to rename the Lng_Default.ini file as Lng_English, and Lng_Turkish as Lng_Default. Does such thing cause a problem with Messenger Plus! considering next updates?
No no no!. Never do that, because Plus relies very much on that the original english file is named Lng_Default.ini. Changing its name may do that Plus doesn't work as you may expect. Also, that file will be overwritten in the following updates so you'd lose your turkish file.

This post was edited on 01-20-2007 at 11:39 AM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
01-20-2007 11:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: changing default lang. after installing in English
Thanks :) I could changed the value for Language successfully .
01-22-2007 03:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: