What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » No MORE Messenger with scripts!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
No MORE Messenger with scripts!
Author: Message:
• MaNiC MoE •

They call me MaNiC cuz I an't StatiC

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: No MORE Messenger with scripts!
ow, gud
thx
02-13-2007 02:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: No MORE Messenger with scripts!
this is NOT a bug with my script, its simply a known limitation, i recommend setting the refreash rate to 5 MINUTES, rather then 0.01 minutes.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6650 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes, 49 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
02-13-2007 09:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Your script should not accept values like that since they A) updating PSM or nick wont work anyways for such short intervals, B) will get users in trouble (and they might blame Plus! etc), just like it was shown in this thread...

As such, it is a problem with your script which should be fixed nevertheless (and which I've notified you about long time ago also that such things could/would happen).

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 10:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-13-2007 09:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I agree with Cookie. It is a problem with the script, because the protocol just can't handle PSM changes at an interval like that, even if the PC is fast enough to handle it. Scripts shouldn't change PSM at a rapid rate like that, and users shouldn't be able to configure it like that either.

I'll be watching closer for this on newly submitted scripts. NiteMare, could you submit an update that doesn't accept too small values? I'd say 15 seconds as an absolute minimum, and like you said 5 minutes would make a nice default value. Will also contact the creator of swimming PSM to ask the same.

If anyone finds other scripts in the Scripts DB that change Name or PSM too rapid by default or that don't have the time interval setting limited, please post in this topic, or PM me. In general, you can PM me on the forum or email me at [Image: scripts_submit.png] to report broken scripts or scripts you believe shouldn't be in the DB.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-13-2007 11:01 PM
• MaNiC MoE •

They call me MaNiC cuz I an't StatiC

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: No MORE Messenger with scripts!
O.K, so we're waiting for the new "Count Down" by Nitemare... :) with a limitation in the refreshment timing. (Y)

For anyone who faces a problem with a script and can't change it from his messenger, please do the following :

1. Open the "Run" in the start menu

2. Type "RegEdit" or "RegEdit.exe" or it's directory : "SYSTEMROOT\regedit.exe" (ALL THE SAME)

3. Choose HKEY_Current_User (data that does with the current user account ONLY)
4. Expand "Software" (includes all the softwares runed)
5. Chosse "Patchou"
6. Choose "Messenger Plus! Live"
7. Open the "GlobalSettings" key (the settings that will be applied to all users using MSN Messenger Plus! Live"
8. Goto the "Scripts" key (all the scripts you've imported)

(Or simpley go to HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenfer Plus! Live\Global Settings\Scripts\...)

9. Look for the script's name you're facing trouble with and select it

10a. If you want to disable or enable it, choose it, two values will appear on the right hand side "(Deafult)" and "Enable", to enable it, double click "Enable" and change it's value data to 1, if you want to disable it change it to 0. (0  = Not On - 1 = On)

b. If you want to change its settings, there will be another key in it called "Settings", open it and edit it from there.

c. To remove the script, click the delete key on your keyboard or right click it and chose "Delete". Then go to : "%PROGRAMFILES\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts" and look for the scripts folder and delete it... (Shift + Delete = delete it and remove it from the recylce bin at once)

thx,
• MaNiC MoE •

This post was edited on 02-14-2007 at 12:54 PM by • MaNiC MoE •.
02-14-2007 12:41 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: