What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » bgsvcgen.exe?

bgsvcgen.exe?
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. bgsvcgen.exe?
I have this process running in the background, is it necessary? If not, how to get rid of it? Thanks
04-17-2007 04:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: bgsvcgen.exe?
bgsvcgen.exe file information

The process B's Recorder GOLD Service Library belongs to the software B's Recorder GOLD by B.H.A Corporation (www.bhacorp.com).

Description: bgsvcgen.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. The file size on Windows XP is 86016 bytes.
The program is not visible. File bgsvcgen.exe is located in the Windows folder, but it is not a Windows core file. bgsvcgen.exe is not a Windows core file. Therefore the technical security rating is 51% dangerous.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as bgsvcgen.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the bgsvcgen.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.
04-17-2007 04:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: bgsvcgen.exe?
I checked the file and it's located in the c:\windows\system32  folder. I scanned it with NIS2005, NOD32, Spyware Doctor and Spysweeper and none of them report it as malware.
What concerns me is that I don't have any B.H.A. software products installed, so I don't know how this process sneaked in my system. I guess then that I can remove it. What would be the proper removal method?
04-17-2007 05:07 AM
Woraug

A Credit to Dementia

36 / Male / –
Make sure you stop the process, and then delete the file.
[Image: Sentinel.png]
04-17-2007 05:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: bgsvcgen.exe?
Before deleting the file or renaming it to bgsvcgen.exe.BAK I would like to be able to stop the process from starting each time I reboot. I tried msconfig but there is no reference to such a file in the startup.
Making a quick look at the registry with regedit I found this line:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\B.H.A
I also found several other lines that make reference to the process.

This post was edited on 04-17-2007 at 06:23 AM by alegator.
04-17-2007 06:18 AM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
I think do a search in registry, remove all mention after stopping and deleting the process.
04-17-2007 10:02 AM
Verte

Playing with the registry is not for the feint of heart. Besides, it's pretty hard to navigate. I've found a tool called Regcleaner handy, it's free to download and there's no malware that comes with it, at least, from memory. It groups automatic start options all in the one list, which is pretty nifty. Still, kill signals can be denied in Windows, so there's no definite way that you know you can kill it without booting to something else [like a live cd]. If you're getting "access denied", I'd recommend that option.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
04-19-2007 10:03 AM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: bgsvcgen.exe?
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
Playing with the registry is not for the feint of heart. Besides, it's pretty hard to navigate.

Pfft. I'm almost 13, and I know how to manipulate the registry easily. :P
04-20-2007 03:39 AM
Verte

RE: RE: RE: bgsvcgen.exe?
quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
Playing with the registry is not for the feint of heart. Besides, it's pretty hard to navigate.

Pfft. I'm almost 13, and I know how to manipulate the registry easily. :P

Haha- I find mine large and unwieldy- some programs make it a complete pigsty. I assume I'm not the only one who isn't prepared to go searching for references to rude daemons in there.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
04-20-2007 06:57 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: