What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Vista Administrator Account (revealed)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Vista Administrator Account (revealed)
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed)
My 8800 GTS wasn't _that_ expensive 8-)

* vaccination waits for Crysis :sad:
[Image: jumbled.png]
04-23-2007 09:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Verte

RE: RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed)
quote:
Originally posted by Jhrono
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
2. You NEED DirectseX 10.

You do? Since when? There's nothing on the market that makes any use of Direct3D10 yet

Gotta say I love your way of saying DirectX.. DirectseX lol

I was enumerating reasons you might need to upgrade to Vista, with the suggestion that you can put it off while XP is working fine for you. It's a fair amount of money for a change of drapes, and there are probably better things you can get out of that much cash- especially if your critical apps aren't yet ready for it.

I hear someone hacked DX10 support into XP today, it will only be so long before there's an add on for wine :P
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
04-24-2007 01:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kezz

'kezz.,

32 / Male / Flag
thanks for all that John
well needed in-depth on Vista
[Image: 2764.png]
[Image: internet.png]
04-24-2007 08:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
it might be worth saving the jump until the code has had time to settle.
Yeah. And I personally didn't like XP at first even though I had to use it (I was dead tired of 98 and well, don't get me started on ME :P). XP looked good and all but wasn't perfectly stable. Anyway, SP2 came along and made it the best Windows OS there was. It was pretty stable. No BSODs in the years that I've put it through hell. It even performed well. And by the time SP2 came out, most apps had perfect compatibility. I might be mistaken but I think SP2 had better Compatibility support. The original XP version never worked for me. After SP2 I could run old games under Compatibility mode. So it was all good.
All I'm saying is, let the whole thing settle down. Maybe future updates might just take it to the next level, as it happened for XP :)
Its just my opinion but I like Vista at release more than XP at release. Despite the bugginess and the odd BSOD (mainly non perfect drivers like the ones for NVIDIA but they are fast improving ;)) I still like vista more :) Despite the fact that lopardo will continue to disagree with me :P meh.

quote:
Originally posted by Jhrono
You do? Since when? There's nothing on the market that makes any use of Direct3D10 yet
Actually less than a week back, the first game using D3D10 was released! :o Its on the NVIDIA site but I didn't have time to read :(

This post was edited on 04-27-2007 at 07:05 AM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-27-2007 07:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend