What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Running Config. Wizard causes status to be set Busy regardless of prev.statusexcept..

Running Config. Wizard causes status to be set Busy regardless of prev.statusexcept..
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Running Config. Wizard causes status to be set Busy regardless of prev.statusexcept..
..Appear Offline. I have tried also auto-setting status to Busy with Full Screen applications but that feature doesn't overwrite other statuses except Online. If it is a bug, it must be fixed, right?
04-26-2007 07:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
RE: Running Config. Wizard causes status to be set Busy regardless of prev.statusexcept..
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you want :-/
Let's see..
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Running Config. Wizard causes status to be set Busy regardless of prev.statusexcept Appear Offline.
True, running the Messenger Plus! Configuration Wizard will change your status to busy, that's not a bug, it's a feature..
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I have tried also auto-setting status to Busy with Full Screen applications but that feature doesn't overwrite other statuses except Online. If it is a bug, it must be fixed, right?
When you enable "Show me as 'Busy' and block my alerts when I'm running a full-screen program or presentation settings are turned on" (which is a WLM feature), your status will change to Busy when your status is set to Online you and start a full-screen application. And yes, it won't change other statuses to Busy.
This isn't a bug either, and as it is a WLM feature and not a Messenger Plus! feature, it's nothing we can fix.
Changing other statuses to busy when running a full-screen application could be done with a script, but iirc this script hasn't been created so far..
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
04-26-2007 08:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Running Config. Wizard causes status to be set Busy regardless of prev.statusexce
In fact, I am sorry. I must write in a more detailed way.
Why does Config. Wizard set status to Busy when started. In order not to be annoyed by online people when configuring Plus!. But is it necessary status to be changed from Away for instance to Busy. Generally if status is not Online, it means that user is not avaliable at that time. So config. wizard must set status to Busy when launched only when appearing Online.
Why have I written WLM's option about Full Screen applications? Because it works in a similar way, but it doesn't ovewrite other statuses except Online. Is it clear now?
04-27-2007 06:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: