What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » NBHGui.exe, do I need it?

NBHGui.exe, do I need it?
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. Huh?  NBHGui.exe, do I need it?
I just upgraded Nero Burning ROM to latest v7.8.5. I noticed after installation that the process NBHGui.exe was added to the background in task manager. I searched the net and found it has to do with a new feature called "Securdisk", which claims to protect written data and make it less prone to degradation. Do I need it really? Or can I safely remove it from the background tasks?
http://www.securdisc.net/
04-30-2007 10:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Verte

RE: NBHGui.exe, do I need it?
My guess would be it's a shell binding to securdisk functions. If you don't have any securdisk disks, you probably won't be missing anything by killing it. Your CD drive might not support securdisk anyway. You might not want to kill it while you're running Nero, though.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
05-01-2007 12:26 AM
alegator

O.P. RE: RE: NBHGui.exe, do I need it?
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
My guess would be it's a shell binding to securdisk functions. If you don't have any securdisk disks, you probably won't be missing anything by killing it. Your CD drive might not support securdisk anyway. You might not want to kill it while you're running Nero, though.

I disabled NBHGui.exe from running in the background and I was bale to burn a DVD with Nero without any problems, so it seems it's not needed.
05-03-2007 11:18 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: