What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger position

1 votes - 5 average   Windows Live Messenger position
Author: Message:
GreatStalin

O.P. Windows Live Messenger position
Hi old chaps!

This is quite a peculiar problem, I expect.  After speaking on the IRC channel, however, I have been given hope that a script could fix it.

The problem is best described with the following picture:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/files/index.php?view=mq4t2np2

Simply, after closing the window, and reopening it, the position of the contact list has changed.  This occurs when you place the startmenu at the top, without auto-hide on, have a try if you don't believe me! ;)

I know it's perhaps a petty issue, but that hopefully means the fix will be easy!  (I have tried using the docking feature within the enhanced script, but to no avail!)

Thanks in advance.
05-25-2007 03:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
GreatStalin

O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger position
70 views and not one reply... hmm!  Does that mean that a solution is highly unlikely, or that people are so busy fixing ways of solving the problem?
05-28-2007 05:43 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger position
Well it could be one of many things. Messenger is a complicated program and with the large design it may be buggy with handling it windows. I don't think you can do anything about the issue, sorry :(.
05-29-2007 09:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
Why don't you just change the position of the taskbar?
Or if it is a bug, report it to MS.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
05-29-2007 11:06 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
I can confirm that this bug does occur but this user says he contacted MSN only to be told that it was a design feature - I'm not sure if this was a misunderstanding on their end (they thought it was referring to the feature which moves the window if the titlebar is on the start menu or off-screen).

From a scripting point of view, it is possible to create a workaround which remember's the Contact List's position and then on the OnEvent_ContactListWndCreated event the position can be reinstated.
05-29-2007 11:15 AM
GreatStalin

O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger position
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
I can confirm that this bug does occur but this user says he contacted MSN only to be told that it was a design feature - I'm not sure if this was a misunderstanding on their end (they thought it was referring to the feature which moves the window if the titlebar is on the start menu or off-screen).

From a scripting point of view, it is possible to create a workaround which remember's the Contact List's position and then on the OnEvent_ContactListWndCreated event the position can be reinstated.

Hi old chap!  Nice to see you remember me.

Thanks for posting, I just hope someone can understand what you mean and get a solution out of it! :)
05-30-2007 11:51 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I would suggest to report it again to MS. Because if they indeed told you it wasn't a bug, they clearly misunderstood you.

Such things shouldn't be worked around with a script. It can be done, but that isn't a real solution.

These forums here (as with any forum about Messenger btw) isn't an official Microsoft forum and thus Microsoft people do not come to here to look for bugs or whatever, so they can't be "busy with fixing it and thus not replying" either. In order to get this fixed you need to keep in touch with Microsoft. Even if that means re-reporting it...

;)

PS: nice find though :p

This post was edited on 05-30-2007 at 05:21 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-30-2007 05:20 PM
GreatStalin

O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger position
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I would suggest to report it again to MS. Because if they indeed told you it wasn't a bug, they clearly misunderstood you.

Such things shouldn't be worked around with a script. It can be done, but that isn't a real solution.

These forums here (as with any forum about Messenger btw) isn't an official Microsoft forum and thus Microsoft people do not come to here to look for bugs or whatever, so they can't be "busy with fixing it and thus not replying" either. In order to get this fixed you need to keep in touch with Microsoft. Even if that means re-reporting it...

;)

PS: nice find though :p

Thanks old chap!  Well, I fail to see how MS could've misinterpreted what I reported, as I did give them detailed screenshots.  No harm in reporting it again, of course!

And I know it's not as good as a proper fix, but in the mean time, it'd be sufficient for me!

PS:  Thanks old chap!
05-30-2007 07:10 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Just make sure that they know that your Contact list isnt overlapping your taskbar at all yet it is still moved.
05-31-2007 02:35 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: