What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Change language in Windows Live Messenger 8.5

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Change language in Windows Live Messenger 8.5
Author: Message:
Vladvolkova

Vlad Volkova

35 / Male / Flag
Grin  RE: Change language in Windows Live Messenger 8.5
i finnished my russian classes now and there is no problem at all to know what does it says

This post was edited on 10-30-2008 at 02:15 PM by Vladvolkova.
10-30-2008 02:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-LiNk-

VISTA Ultimate skin creator

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Change language in Windows Live Messenger 8.5
quote:
Originally posted by Fat-Donkey
I have downloaded Windows Live Messenger 8.5 (the latest version) but i had to download it in spanish because for some reason, this laptop i'm on won't let me install the english version. It's really annoying. The spanish version is fine but i can't understand a thing, lol. 

Can someone please give me some easy to follow step by step instructions on how to change the language to english. I know how to download an english torrent for it but i've tried everything and the language is still spanish. Plz, someone help me.

You should be able to change WLM language by replacing msgslang.8.5.1302.1018.dll in C:\ Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\: you only have to find the english version of this file and paste it in that folder (rename the old one as backup).

Same thing with WLM 2009 Beta, but the filename is different: msgslang.14.0.5027.0908.dll.

Anyway I think it's better to unistall spanish version and fully reinstall the english one (after cleaning the registry) by using this standalone installer. ;)

This post was edited on 10-30-2008 at 06:41 PM by -LiNk-.
10-30-2008 06:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
slimex

RE: Change language in Windows Live Messenger 8.5
I found a solution to this problem, You don't need to uninstall or install any thing at all.
First you go to your profile edit on windows live you chose your preferred language and change it, save it to your profile Then  Close your Messenger down.
second and last action you open your 
control panel-->add/remove software or program you find windows live messenger select it and hit  repair  open your messenger again wupti the language on your windows  messenger is changed :)
i hope i could help with my bad English. ;)
11-03-2008 01:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: