What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Block auto-formatting text when receiving messages

Block auto-formatting text when receiving messages
Author: Message:
mspector

47 / Male / –
O.P. Block auto-formatting text when receiving messages
Hello all,

Is there a way to block that auto-formatting text when I receive messages from a contact which have the Plus installed?

For instance, I'd like to receive messagens in text only - and not those animations, animated smileys and images that appear when you type a word or a letter.

A "p" comes as a huge "playboy" P, an "rs" becomes a group of stars flashing, and so on... is there a way to turn such messages into TEXT when I receive them?

Those animations just tries my patience, and sometimes I have to guess what ppl are writing to me...

And no, I do NOT have Plus installed.

Thanks in advance! :)
06-10-2007 09:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Block auto-formatting text when receiving messages
The use of emoticons as letters (and the use of custom emoticons in general) has nothing to do with Msg Plus!

You can prevent them from showing up like that one way only, and that's by turning off the showing of custom emoticons in messenger itself. To do so go to Tools > Options > Messages and uncheck the box infront of "Show custom emoticons". Ofcourse this means you also won't see any other custom emoticons your contacts might have. Best thing you can do if it annoys you too much is to tell that contact how annoying it is to you and ask them to stop.

This post was edited on 06-10-2007 at 09:43 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-10-2007 09:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mspector

47 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Block auto-formatting text when receiving messages
Yay!

Thanks, Sunshine! It seems to work!

I've already told some of my contacts that it's annoying. But I have over 100 contacts, and some of them only calls me often... no way I can tell them all to stop it. After all, I consider it annoying, not them... right?

Thanks again! :)
06-10-2007 11:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: