What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » a couple of suggestions for tabbed chats

a couple of suggestions for tabbed chats
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. a couple of suggestions for tabbed chats
Ok, I know these things aren't that important but I would like Patchou to at least think about these for the next release.
  • Being able to keep tabs for your chats there even when there is only one chat open. (even if it is a registry setting)
  • Matching the background colour of the tabs to that of the chat window in 8.5 (I haven't tried 4.23 to check if this has been changed but I'm quite sure Patchou only fixed the stuff with the contest didn't he?)
  • Having a tooltip when hovering over a tab which shows at least the Nickname of the people in the chat. (I thought this was already there but it didn't show up for me)
Just some easier things to implement that would be really nice, I could ask for some more elaborate features that would be even more useful but the fact is if I ask for the small things I'm more likely to get them :tongue:.

This post was edited on 06-12-2007 at 04:09 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
06-12-2007 01:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: a couple of suggestions for tabbed chats
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Matching the background colour of the tabs to that of the chat window in 8.5 (I haven't tried 4.23 to check if this has been changed but I'm quite sure Patchou only fixed the stuff with the contest didn't he?)
Is this what you mean?

[Image: neoshooter43sg8.png]

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Having a tooltip when hovering over a tab which shows at least the Nickname of the people in the chat. (I thought this was already there but it didn't show up for me)
This? :P

[Image: neoshooter44wc6.png]
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-12-2007 02:59 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: a couple of suggestions for tabbed chats
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
    quote:Originally posted by markee
    Matching the background colour of the tabs to that of the chat window in 8.5 (I haven't tried 4.23 to check if this has been changed but I'm quite sure Patchou only fixed the stuff with the contest didn't he?)

Is this what you mean?

Yeah, the background of the tabs is #ffd6b2 and the background of the chat window is #ffe2c9 in your picture.  It becomes really noticeable with my colour (0,128,12 in RGB) and with the tabs on the left.  Like this:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=826675]

Oh and my bad about the tooltip thing, it seems as though it is because of enhancer :$.

.png File Attachment: tabs.png (7.11 KB)
This file has been downloaded 245 time(s).
[Image: markee.png]
06-12-2007 03:44 AM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
RE: a couple of suggestions for tabbed chats
weird :S
I am not sure why Enhancer would prevent the specific tooltips from showing ... all other Messenger tooltips work except those on the Plus! tabbed bar...
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
06-12-2007 01:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: