What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Custom nicknames on Tabs suggestion

Custom nicknames on Tabs suggestion
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Custom nicknames on Tabs suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by Painkiller in this thread
Hello.

I've note something when I use MSN Live Messenger with tabbed option enable (mean always) I did not see the nick which I set
to the contacts which I'm talking too, instead I see the nick which they're set.

Can somebody please tell me if I can do something for change this behavior?

Regards
I have a suggestion about this. When adding a nickname to a desktop contact, it says on the window "You can set a special nickname for this contact that will only be used in the floating desktop window."

Also at the fixed bug:
quote:
Originally written in the Changelog
Blocked contacts are now displayed with the grey offline buddy icon when needed in tabbed chats and desktop contact windows.
As you can see, there is a relation between Desktop Contact window and Tabs. So my suggestion is: Expanding the nickname feature of desktop contacts to the tabs on the tabbed chat window. So allow us to set custom nicknames for our contacts from right click menu on Contact List>Messenger Plus! Features and when we open the "Set a nickname" window, it will say us "This custom nickname will only be used on Tabs when you are using Tabbed Chats and on Desktop Contacts windows."
[Image: attachment.php?pid=827581]
EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by me
As you can see, there is a relation between Desktop Contact window and Tabs. So my suggestion is: Expanding the nickname feature of desktop contacts to the tabs on the tabbed chat window.
Well, maybe there is not a direct relation between Tabbed Chats buttons and desktop contact window. I have improved my suggestion a little. Since Plus! can't get custom nicknames from WLM itself, then lets do Nicknaming feature of Plus! global to all Plus! features. For example, Event Notification pop-up can show the nickname which we set through the menu item above, and we don't need to customize event notification pop-up text like "/name/message". Thus, every user can set the nickname for a user both for WLM and Plus!.

.png File Attachment: nicknames on tabs.PNG (27.69 KB)
This file has been downloaded 289 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-15-2007 at 12:25 PM by ahmetgns.
06-15-2007 09:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Custom nicknames on Tabs suggestion
Which is like suggested 100 times before, search the forums.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-16-2007 12:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: