What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » 1 reminder for a bug & 3 suggestion for Personalized Status

3 votes - 2.33 average   1 reminder for a bug & 3 suggestion for Personalized Status
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. 1 reminder for a bug & 3 suggestion for Personalized Status
1 reminder- Three new version of Plus! have already been released but this bug (maybe it can't be called as a bug) still remains. Patchou, I strongly recommend you to go in your codes and make necessary editings right now :D

Suggestions 1/3: Presetting Personalized Status window as Always On Top from inside Messenger Plus! codes, like the case of Pop-ups, is the simplest solution that I could find for the annoying situation which occurs when you open Personalized Status window while you are displaying your Contact List always on top.

Suggestions 2/3: A reminder actually, but I needed to rewrite it due to random trash in my previous post about this subject, I think most people didn't bother to read it :D . Let Plus! delay the real status to be changed to Away when we select it until Personalized Status window is closed either automatically after 15 secs, or manually after we input some nametag etc and by clicking on Personalize button provided that we have checked the option "Display Personalized Status window when I changed my status to Away" in Messenger Plus! preferences. What is the advantage? Thus, we will be able to use "reset my status option" efficiently everytime we open Personalized Status window.

Suggestions 3/3: This is totally a new suggestion. As you know, Personalized Status window selects Away status for "Show me to my contacts as" when we open it. I find it useful really because Personalized Status is mostly used with the Away status and it saves us from 1 more click on the window. My suggestion is, lets add an exception for this auto-selection of Away status. When our status is Busy and when we want to Personalize our Busy status and open the window, let it automatically select Busy for "Show me to my contacts as" option. And also, we won't change our status accidentally to Away while personalizing our Busy status. [And for a possible addition of more statuses for Personalized Statuses, er, I don't think it will be good, on the contrary it will be a return to the old confusing, too many-optioned system. I like the current two status avaliable case, because they're the two basic statuses of Messenger, and they must be enough in my opinion.

.png File Attachment: password required.PNG (61.8 KB)
This file has been downloaded 180 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-19-2007 at 10:46 AM by ahmetgns.
06-19-2007 10:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: 1 reminder for a bug & 3 suggestion for Personalized Status
Why the hell do you need to create YET another thread about this? First of all it is NOT a bug :rolleyes:, second it was already discussed, suggested, etc in that other thread...

Third, what the *beep* have those other questions todo with the previous ones.

Again and again, you post stuff in one paragraph and start yabbing about something else in the next. I suggest you take a dictionary and look up the word "on topic"...

This post was edited on 06-20-2007 at 11:21 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-20-2007 11:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: