What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Bluetooth link

WLM Bluetooth link
Author: Message:
Zwaf

O.P. WLM Bluetooth link
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the 'WLM Bluetooth link?'. I heard from it a few weeks ago. There appears to be some kind of tool or script that makes it possible to wirelessly operate your messenger on your mobile phone.

What I mean is the following:
You got an application installed on your mobile phone (java). On your PC you got your messenger running with a 'plugin'. The application on your mobile phone will establish a bluetooth-connection between itself and messenger on the PC. On your mobile phone you will then see the actual chat which is also on your PC, and you will be able to chat wireless within a range of 100 meters (depends of BT-strength).

This could prove very usefull for times when you are afk or just in the garden or something. You can still chat with people with the help of bluetooth and the actual chat on your computer.

Ok, you might say: 'WHY NOT USE SMS?' or ' There are also messengers for your mobile phone'.
Well the difference is that it costs money ... and lots of it ('bout 10-25 cents per message) and you can't use all the 'normal' messenger's functions.

The application installed on your phone will probably work as an HID. There are more of these HID-applications (iexplorer, bsplayer, windows media player) for mobile phones, but it's just that I can't find the 'messenger'-one.

I know this application might be hard to find but a lot of people might be interested in it, when they find out that this actually exists.
07-26-2007 03:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: