What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » + Speech problem

+ Speech problem
Author: Message:
gerbear6662000

O.P. + Speech problem
I have two friends using + Speech with their Live program. I also have the script installed on my msger live... i have had No problem with + Speech on my machine but Both of them keep getting typing appearing in the area where you would normally type your msg and hit Send/Enter. Most of it is just jibberish. I have No Idea of why they are experiencing a problem and I have none... ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Either post here or send me an e-mail to gerbear6662000@yahoo.ca
thanks in advance for any help you may make..
p.s. I am fairly new to computers and still learning, So if you can help please go by the KISS rule... ( Keep It Simple Stupid) ty
09-25-2007 05:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
OrionsToy

RE: + Speech problem
well this thread is probably dead but i think i have figured out that problem.

It has to do with speech recognition. Most likely the microphone is set to wave or 'what you hear' rather than a mic input. So it tries to type in whatever it thinks it hears through the sounds on the computer (ie. music or other sounds being played in the background even messenger sounds)

I had this problem till i set my voice recognition to use my microphone input and had my microphone disabled. If you use your microphone and have another input you dont use, like a line in or a 'second cd audio' sometimes referred to as digital cd, you could select that.

The settings are in control panel under speech.. then click on Audio Input ... select Properties... choose "Use this audio input line" and select microphone or one of those unused inputs i mentioned earlier.. click ok on all other screens and it should solve the problem.

I have tried to contact the writer of the script to see if i could get it without the speech recognition feature just the TTS features but he hasn't responded.

So if anyone reads this that knows how to edit his script for all of us ... please do :D
04-14-2008 01:01 AM
human

RE: + Speech problem
I was in the process of getting ready to post a new thread to report a seemingly newer version of this script posted on the forum, but never updated on the script database. The info on the changes doesn't appear 'til 5 pages later in the thread. In short, the version on the forum has a couple of extra disable speech recognition options. I don't know if this was ever tested. The author has not been here, nor at his posted web site, in 2 years, or so.
Anyway. I hope a moderator picks this up,  and looks into it.
It's about 2 posts down from the top. The pic is still the older version. The dates are so close, even legally blind Eye can see how it was missed !

> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60592&pid=#pid666182

Juzzi

Webmaster of Msgweb.nl

19 /  / –
RE: Release: +Speech

Download:

Attachment: +Speech.plsc (8.35 KB)
This file has been downloaded 797 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-24-2006 at 04:25 PM by Juzzi. 
04-16-2008 06:11 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: