What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Preset personalized statuses don't count down the reset time when set from the list..

Preset personalized statuses don't count down the reset time when set from the list..
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Preset personalized statuses don't count down the reset time when set from the list..
... of preset statuses or maybe the shortcut key (I didn't try this because I am already too tired while testing this problem) and using shortcuts.  (I tested it now)

I couldn't find any report about this.

What I did is,

I preset a personalized status and set the reset timer like 00:10:00 for example. Then I wanted to apply that status from Status selector > More Statuses > Test status. Then my status changed to the status which I set in Personalized status. But after the reset time, it didn't reset it.

To make sure, I opened the Personalized Status window again after applying that preset status through the same way, but I couldn't see the time which I have set before. There was only 00:00:10 and the checkbox wasn't checked (the whole reset part is grey) and also reopening the per. status window didn't change anything. (I know if we open the per. status window after sometime applying the personal status, we can see the remaining time, because Plus! is counting down the time at the background and shows the remaining there)

No problem, if you Status selector > More Statuses > Personalized Status... > Presets >Test status > Personalize button

If you confirm this, let me know I'm not wrong. Well if you can't, again let me know I'm wrong.

To those who can confirm it, can you also try applying the personalized status with a shortcut, and check what happens then?

WLM 8.1 & 8.5 -  MP!L 4.23 - Windows XP SP2

This post was edited on 10-15-2007 at 02:12 PM by ahmetgns.
10-14-2007 08:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: a few bugs with Personalized Statuses
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
There was only 00:00:10 ...
I also noticed that if we don't set a timer when setting a Personalized Status, it automatically changes the timer to 00:00:10 (you can notice this if you reopen Personalized Status window after personalizing your status.) Normally that timer is set to 00:05:00 by default but as I said above, it turns to 00:00:10 (only ten seconds) after personalizing the status. I know it doesn't enable timer even if it changes the timer but why it changes in the first place :S

And also, there is one more wrong thing. When we set the personal status only with a personal message (not name tag or auto-responder), it is fine unless we change the personal message from anywhere but Perso. Stat window (for instance directly from contact list or Messenger options). If we change it, it seems fine but when we open Personalized Status window, none of the required fields are filled, but yet first button says "OK" and the other one says "Remove". When you click on OK, the warning window warns user to fill at least one field. You can close that window with cross mark at the corner, or you may Remove the personal status (although it is no longer Personal Status because there is no filled field.) But if user has set a timer when personalizing status for the first time, then it still counts down and reset the status after it finishes, for example Away to Online again. To your notice...
10-15-2007 09:25 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Preset personalized statuses don't count down the reset time when set from the list..
Automatic reset bug fixed, thank you for the detailed report :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-17-2007 05:28 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: