What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion]/disableresponder command

[suggestion]/disableresponder command
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. [suggestion]/disableresponder command
How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?

So I am doing now what I said at that thread. If only such command has been introduced with the new feature "Send Personalized Status Auto-Messages" function in Plus! menu but I can wait for it in the next version.

Edit: Note that this command can be used in the auto-responder itself so it will stop sending them.
Example:

[Edit: /]I'm away
#/disableresponder

This post was edited on 12-16-2007 at 04:50 PM by ahmetgns.
12-16-2007 10:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [suggestion]/disableresponder command
You can already do that with a one-line-script
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-17-2007 01:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [suggestion]/disableresponder command
Cookie's script does the job in fact but it would be good to have an integrated command for it.

I changed my suggestion a bit. Instead that command is used only to disable it, it can be "/autoresponding on/off" just like /logging on/off. (Firstly, I thought only disabling it via a command but being able to enable it also would help some conditions. Everywhere, it only focuses on the ability to disable it
quote:
Originally posted by Changelog
You can now disable personalized status auto-messages in specific chats from the main window's Plus! menu
, that is why I couldn't think about the enabling it via a command. Though, I made a bug report about it cannot be enabled from the window, here.

There is a scenario in my head for this:

I have a preset Personalised Status which is named as "Locked Status" and I switch to that status while locking my Messenger.
I have set an auto-responder for it.
If I have to lock messenger suddenly while I am chatting with people, I can type "/autoresponding on" in "Send a message in my opened chats" so I can ensure they will receive the auto-responder messages even if they have been filtered out from the original filter.

12-17-2007 05:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: