What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: "Last Used" category for emotion sounds

Suggestion: "Last Used" category for emotion sounds
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Suggestion: "Last Used" category for emotion sounds
Can there be a "last used" category in emotion sounds panel? I would like to have such a category because I use some sounds often and I don't want to make a search each time I want to send them.

While I was thinking about this suggestion, I thought there will the need to store the last used times of each sound. However afterwards, luckily I realized that, in Sound Library window, for each sound, the last used information is already provided. So the information is ready, the only thing that must be done is making a new category and sort sounds from the last used date to the oldest dates.

And while considering where to put this new category (as if it is up to me :P), I found "Search Filter" option just above the categories very useless. So I replaced my new category with it :) (see picture below). Ok but why is it useless? Let me explain it. Because even if that option doesn't exist there, we can still search sounds by typing parts of their names. But when we type anything there, it automatically switch to that category. Then if we select another category like Movies, then search is cancelled and even if we select "Search Filter" back, the search words has already been removed from the search area. So, is there a real need to have "Search Filter" there? I am inspired from Windows Live Hotmail's search function for this suggestion. Because when you search your mails, a new "Search Results" folder appears under your regular folders, then if you select another folder, the Search Results folder is hidden again. So the same thing can be applied to sound panel. When you type something to search your sounds, the drop down menus line at LHS the word wheel can display "Search Filter" like before or "Search Results" same as WLH, and the current position for "Search Filter" can be used by "Last Used" category. So all sounds can be listed again under "Last used" indexing them according to their last use dates which is obviously more useful. Also the dates which are recorded for each sound would have been used for better purposes.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=890276]

.png File Attachment: lastused.PNG (13.13 KB)
This file has been downloaded 212 time(s).
02-24-2008 07:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: "Last Used" category for emotion sounds
I think that's a very good idea, however "Recently Used" would probably be better :P

I would most definitely use it (Y).
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-24-2008 08:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: