What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [Solved ] Help With JScript Pop-up Menu

[Solved ] Help With JScript Pop-up Menu
Author: Message:
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Solved ] Help With JScript Pop-up Menu
I'm currently trying to make a website (http://stuffhelp.xlvo.info, which is down atm due to server issues) and I'm having a bit of trouble with adding in some pop-up menus I got from a template.

In the template the navigational items are located up the top of the window. In my website's template (for some reason) the navigation is at the side - in particular on the right, instead of the left. I don't mind that it's on the right instead of left but what I do mind is how, when the pop-up menus are added to the navigation at the side, everything overlaps.
[Image: stuffhelpue0.th.jpg]
As you can see the items from the "Windows Family" group clearly overlap the links to Mac OS X as well as Linux. To circumvent this I've slightly modified the code in the transmenu.js file so that when the navigational items are hovered over, the pop-up menu will appear further out to the right, thereby not overlapping any of the other navigational items.
[Image: stuffhelpcopyoc2.th.jpg]
This was done by editing the code
code:
function setContainerPos() {
                var sub = oActuator.constructor == TransMenuItem;
                var act = sub ? oActuator.parentMenu.elmCache["item"][oActuator._index] : oActuator;
                var el = act;

var x = 0;
                var y = 0;
to
code:
function setContainerPos() {
                var sub = oActuator.constructor == TransMenuItem;
                var act = sub ? oActuator.parentMenu.elmCache["item"][oActuator._index] : oActuator;
                var el = act;

var x = 94;
                var y = 0;
in the transmenu.js file mentioned above.

What I want to do is make it so that the location of the initial parent pop-up menu (e.g. in the Windows Family tree with the words Windows Vista; Windows XP etc) at the location it is set to in the second screenshot. All subsequent child menus should be at the same distance shown in the first screenshot (as apposed to 94 pixels away from the parent menu as shown in the second screenshot).

To do this I've tried defining some new variables, "u" and "w" (trying to mimic what I've shown in the code above) and trying to define their locations (while at the same time trying to specify they are the child menus properties while x and y are the parent menus properties) however this hasn't had much success, so I'm guessing some smarter more complex coding will need to be done to achieve what I'm trying to do.
The files used in the first screenshot have been included in the stuffhelp folder, with the files I modified to achieve the second screenshot in the copy of stuffhelp folder (both of which being inside the Stufhelp.zip file attached).

I'm hoping someone with a bit of JScript expertise will be able to help me out on this, as I'm currently at a standstill with development until I get the initial template for the website complete - that of course including these pop-up menus.

EDIT: By some miracle I got an idea which might just work...and it worked! Just had to change a variable in the html code.

This post was edited on 04-18-2008 at 01:37 PM by Aardvark.
04-15-2008 05:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: