What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A little suggestion

A little suggestion
Author: Message:
shub

O.P. A little suggestion
Hello,

I just wonder, there are 4 big players out there for msn addons, thats Stuff Plugin, Messenger Discovery Live, A-Patch and Messenger Plus Live...

They all got diffrent tools and stuff, but i need all 4 of them to have a good MSN Messenger Live.

Now my point is 50% of the stuff is on every mod or addon the same. Like they all got some stuff removed and they add the same things...

Messenger Plus i think is far out the best one, it has great development and is used around the globe. It has basic stuff that MSN is missing and ads ALOT of great stuff to msn...

Then we got A-patch to just clean out your msn of all the stupid crap...

Then we got stuff plugin that just does one great thing, its boosts up the char limit and allows me to view my inbox in FireFox!!!!! For those 2 reasons i install it. (i think we all know that IE sucks balls)

And at last Messenger Discovery i install just because i like it, it has some great things (rename your messenger LOL) and some great options like you can see if somebody opens a convo with you...

Thnx for reading now comes my point..

Why cant all the stuff in the 4 mods be combined into one big addon?

Thats my question, discuss about it. I'm planning to make a big meeting with all the 4 makers (or more) of the addons so they maybe can work together

ps: dont start the crap "very addon is unique and not everyone wants all the useless features" => heard it read it dont worry

~Shub

This post was edited on 06-10-2008 at 03:56 PM by shub.
06-10-2008 03:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: A little suggestion
A-Patch is not an add-on :p
StuffPlug evolved from an MP!L plugin.

That being said, I think the fact they are developed seperately leads to a better product (increased competition etc.) Also, I think some features in other programs are less reliable, sometimes even ethical IMO...

There would also be disagreements over the branding =/
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
06-10-2008 09:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: