What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Idea For A Script/Request

Idea For A Script/Request
Author: Message:
Dynamite Andy

O.P. Idea For A Script/Request
This idea has been on my mind since ive found a film to watch. Is it possible to make a script where a toast pops up and stays pop up with a movie video on that you have picked?

For example, you click on options you locate the location of the film you want to watch which is saved on your computer you press ok and then a msn toast pops up and plays the film and stays there until you close the toast? other msn toasts will appear on top of this toast and vanish as they usually do without disrubting this one.

Is that actually possible to make?

Sorry if its in the wrong topic also.
04-01-2009 07:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Idea For A Script/Request
I don't think it's possible, as the way Messenger Plus!'s interface is designed probably would not allow for video controls on toast windows. Besides which, it would be too small for you to see properly anyway, so it'd be a bit useless even if it was possible.
04-01-2009 08:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
RE: Idea For A Script/Request
quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
I don't think it's possible, as the way Messenger Plus!'s interface is designed probably would not allow for video controls on toast windows. Besides which, it would be too small for you to see properly anyway, so it'd be a bit useless even if it was possible.
Can be done with WebContent that Plus! supports, however, I believe it would be more sufficient for the video to open in a bigger (possibly a player) window. :P

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
04-01-2009 09:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dynamite Andy

O.P. RE: Idea For A Script/Request
So how could this be done? and what about a window like the youtube video opener script?
04-01-2009 02:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Idea For A Script/Request
quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
Can be done with WebContent that Plus! supports, however, I believe it would be more sufficient for the video to open in a bigger (possibly a player) window. :P

I assumed that the OP was thinking of something resembling Vista's thumbnail previews; I didn't think by scripting alone (MsgPlus.DisplayToast() etc.) it would be possible to embed a video control onto a toast window. The next best thing, then, would be a small-ish window positioned around the bottom right-hand corner with the video control on it, like you said (sort of :P).

Also, what do you mean by "WebContent"?

This post was edited on 04-02-2009 at 10:14 AM by ryxdp.
04-02-2009 10:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: