What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Being re-added by a contact that was already in your list?

Being re-added by a contact that was already in your list?
Author: Message:
desertisland09

O.P. Roll Eyes  Being re-added by a contact that was already in your list?
Hi,

I logged onto msn yesterday and I got a friend request from my ex ("....... wants to add you to his/her contact list) and then had the option to allow or block. This means that he must have deleted me at some point, right? But I hadn't deleted him off my list, although i think I blocked him, so why did it come up as a request?

Also is there a possibility that msn automatically/accidentally sends out contact requests or would he have physically had to type in my email and add me again? Juts wondeirng if it could have been an accident or if this person has actually added me again.

Thanks very much in advance,

desertisland09
09-11-2009 09:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Being re-added by a contact that was already in your list?
As long as you have the contact on your list you will not receive a request to add them.

This scenario seems odd, could it have been a similar email address? Maybe one character difference. If you have them on your list and blocked you wont receive a notification if they re-add you on their end. It would have to be a totally different email address for this to happen.
09-11-2009 12:31 PM
desertisland09

O.P. RE: Being re-added by a contact that was already in your list?
It was exactly the same email address, and I had the choice to allow or block, but box that said "add them to contact list" was blanked out and ticked (I couldn't change it) I guess cos he's already on the list. It was also his exact screen name too, the last one I had when I saw him last online. The request popped up straight after logging in. Please help!! Thanks

What I'm trying to say is although it came up with the notification box blah blah wants to add you to their contact list, i could only "allow them to see when you are online and talk to you" "or block them from seeing you online and talking to you" or something like that.  but i didn't actually have the option to add him to my list as he was already there, that option was blanked out. So I said allow and ok. Just wondering if it's an msn hitch because he could have just added me again after deleting me (surely he must have deleted me to add me again?) confusion!!

and he might not have been blocked when it happened, 50 50 as cn't remember.
09-11-2009 12:37 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: