What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contact's webcams won't load - goes white and closes

Contact's webcams won't load - goes white and closes
Author: Message:
joe280

O.P. Sad  Contact's webcams won't load - goes white and closes
Recently when a contact tries to send me their webcam it starts loading for a few seconds... it then says Connected for about a second and then goes white and ends.

Can anyone please help me with this? It's driving me crazy!! I don't understand why it's suddenly started happening.

I have the latest version of Live Messenger. I am running Vista 32 bit. I've got upnp enabled. I've only got AVG Antivirus running.

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me fix this! I've tried resetting my router, reverting to default settings and also repairing windows live.
10-29-2009 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact's webcams won't load - goes white and closes
This seems to be quite a common issue (there are already a few threads about this), but I've yet to see a real solution.

Does this happen with all contacts or just one or two? What version of Messenger are your contacts using?

This problem seems to occur more often when one contact is using the latest WLM and the other is using a previous version (for example. 8.5) so its a good starting point to check that this isnt the case.

If you're both using the same version then i'm not sure what the problem is, but in my experience a video call will work even when webcam doesnt.

Hope this helps :)
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
10-29-2009 10:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: