What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » !="April Fools"

!="April Fools"
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. !="April Fools"
Well, no jokes now, someone has smashed into my car...

\o/
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-01-2010 10:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: !="April Fools"
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Well, no jokes now, someone has smashed into my car...

\o/
:(

I know the feeling.. mine was crashed on Christmas eve.. Let's just say the vodka was heavily used that night..

Anyways, tell yourself it's nothing more than metal.. insurance will get it fixed and that's it.. :S
04-01-2010 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: !="April Fools"
owned. Insurance much?
04-01-2010 10:44 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: !="April Fools"
Luckily it was parked while I was at work. Worst thing is, I think it was one of the lecturers. The thing that's pissed me off is that they drove off. Thankfully, a member of staff witnessed it so I got the registration and some details about the car and it can partly be seen on CCTV. Just gotta drove around with a smashed door until after next week because I've got work at 6am each day and don't think a garage will have time to look at it. Hopefully won't have to pay insurance costs as they were at fault (meaning my no-claims bonus should be fine and I don't have to pay an excess; if I do it's only around £100 anyway and I'll be claiming my money back for the inconvenience...)

Like I say, I wouldn't be so bothered if  they hadn't driven off (which I'm sure most people know is against the law). The fact is, my car could've belonged to a student and it's just unacceptable for a lecturer to do that. I will be having a few words with some people higher up in the college after the Easter break.

I'm probably looking at a new door to be honest. The dents are too much to be sucked out and has creased where there is a curve in the door. The paint is also a special mix that as far as I can tell, is only available from the manufacturer. It's also hit the door handle itself causing some minor damage there.

It's not the most major damage, but the door handle on it's own is around £40. I haven't been able to find a price for a door yet, but I'm probably looking upwards of £100 for a second hand one. I know to get a new one, have it primed and sprayed would cost over £400 easy because someone tried to blame me for a bump and have a new wing on the car.

I went down to the police station around 11pm and gave details and they said that they would chase up the owner of the car and check who was driving etc. In the mean time I've got to call up my insurance company and explain everything to them, if they'll even talk to me (Policy is in partners name, with me as an insure driver as it worked it cheaper, despite her only having a provisional license).

* Spunky counts down from 10 slowly....

Hmmm... counting down from 10 seems to imply you're waiting for something to happen, which is stressful...

* Spunky counts up to 10 slowly...

Much better (Y)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-01-2010 11:59 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: