What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » /Checkupdates problem

/Checkupdates problem
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. /Checkupdates problem
When running a /checkupdates this morning it found Messenger Plus Live 4.84 as well as a script update....so I told it to download them......it did Messenger Plus! Live first, which caused it to exit Messenger.

Having re-opened Messenger, it didn't then continue the script install.

Doing the script first wouldn't solve things as it exited after that install too......but should the autoupdate perhaps be set to continue with downloads once Messenger opens again......otherwise it isn't really an auto update, as despite ticking both boxes, you have to run it twice to get everything installed
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5220 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes, 43 seconds ago
06-16-2010 01:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: /Checkupdates problem
What I disagree with is forcing a restart of WLM when installing a script... an active skin update I could understand. Plus! could stop the scripts install the new one(s) and restart the scripts without forcing WLM to close.
06-16-2010 01:31 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I'm not 100% sure, but I recieved a autoupdate notification too (without the manual /checkupdates command).

I let it install Plus!, but I can't remember if Messenger was or wasn't started afterwards: I left my PC and when I came back hours later I simply closed the lid so it went into sleep mode.

Only now I indeed notice that Messenger isn't running anymore, and on-top of that I have a temporary Plus! setup file in my temp folder (which wasn't there before).

When I start Messenger now, Plus! doesn't popup a update dialog anymore, and the temp setup file in my folder is removed. build 384 is installed and running now though.

So, in a way, I can confirm djdannyp's observations, but I can't be 100% sure. What I'm sure of is that something dodgy happened, which has never happened before: Messenger didn't restart?...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-16-2010 06:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What I'm sure of is that something dodgy happened, which has never happened before: Messenger didn't restart?...
It has been like that for a long long time already (wakey wakey Cookie :P).

What isn't wanted behaviour is that the script update it found for djdannyp didn't continue installing, if the update of the script started at all (even tho the box was ticked to update). I should hope one gets an update notification again for that script, preferably when you start messenger again for the first time after updating Plus! (more updates available...yada yada...you get the idea).

This post was edited on 06-16-2010 at 06:28 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-16-2010 06:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: /Checkupdates problem
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What I'm sure of is that something dodgy happened, which has never happened before: Messenger didn't restart?...
What isn't wanted behaviour is that the script update it found for djdannyp didn't continue installing, if the update of the script started at all (even tho the box was ticked to update). I should hope one gets an update notification again for that script, preferably when you start messenger again for the first time after updating Plus! (more updates available...yada yada...you get the idea).

Correct, that was my main issue.....the non-restarting of Messenger is an annoyince, but an issue that's been explained and been like that for some time :P

I normally update Plus! manually long before I'm prompted for an autoupdate so I've never come across this issue before, but basically isn't correct behaviour :P.

Definitely like that suggestion of another prompt straight away when you log in (Y)
06-16-2010 06:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
damn... I could have sworn it always restarted Messenger afterwards
(or maybe I'm so used to starting it myself now, I even don't notice it anymore I actually do it myself (it's just 1-click away, so...)).

Either way, it was not normal (at least I haven't noticed this before either) that there was a temp setup file still located in my temp folder before I restarted Messenger. If Plus! was installed, why should it still keep that temp setup file?

---------------------

As for the scripts not installing:

djdannyp, do I read it correctly that, at first, you unticked all the new scripts, so that it would only install the new Plus!? If so, the behaviour is absolutely correct I think!

By unticking the new scripts you actually tell Plus! you do not want to update them. So the suggestion of Sunshine to show the update dialog again, would actually be wrong (since you told Plus! not to update the scripts the first time).

This post was edited on 06-16-2010 at 08:00 PM by CookieRevised.
06-16-2010 07:54 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: /Checkupdates problem
No, I didn't untick them.....both boxes were ticked, so it should have updated both things, but instead, as it shutdown Messenger directly after doing the Plus! update, it never updated the script....I had to do another /checkupdates at which point it showed me the script waiting to be updated
06-16-2010 08:20 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
ah, I see... then I understood it wrong... in that case: bad bad Plus!

This post was edited on 06-16-2010 at 11:00 PM by CookieRevised.
06-16-2010 11:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: