What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » deleted contact no longer in my allow list or block list :S

deleted contact no longer in my allow list or block list :S
Author: Message:
blahblah123

O.P. deleted contact no longer in my allow list or block list :S
Ok so i deleted a contact from my list possibly one week and ( i did not block him) ONLY DELETE. I checked yesterday and this person was on my allow list but obviously just their email was showing up (not customized username)

today i checked and this person is no longer in my allow list OR my Block list   I don't understand what happened??

BUT when i click on "see who has added you to their contact list" and I view it...his email is still there??

Is it possible that he deleted me now becaues I deleted him and he is no longer on my allow  list?
07-13-2010 09:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: deleted contact no longer in my allow list or block list :S
quote:
Originally posted by blahblah123
today i checked and this person is no longer in my allow list OR my Block list   I don't understand what happened??
Are you 100% sure? They could be listed as their display name OR their email address, so look carefully. Recently there's been a lot of people experiencing the same problem, so you're not alone, but unfortunately I don't have a solution for it yet.

quote:
BUT when i click on "see who has added you to their contact list" and I view it...his email is still there??
The "See who has added you to their contacts list" in Tools > Options is quite simply means it's a list of contacts who have added you to their contacts list before, but may not have you on their now.

So when anyone adds you to their contacts, they are added to that list, but that doesn't stop them from deleting you in the future.

Plus! used to have a feature in Contacts List Cleanup which could tell which of the contacts still have you on their list, but this feature is no longer working.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-14-2010 12:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blahblah123

O.P. RE: RE: deleted contact no longer in my allow list or block list :S
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Are you 100% sure? They could be listed as their display name OR their email address, so look carefully. Recently there's been a lot of people experiencing the same problem, so you're not alone, but unfortunately I don't have a solution for it yet.

quote:
The "See who has added you to their contacts list" in Tools > Options is quite simply means it's a list of contacts who have added you to their contacts list before, but may not have you on their now.

So when anyone adds you to their contacts, they are added to that list, but that doesn't stop them from deleting you in the future.

Plus! used to have a feature in Contacts List Cleanup which could tell which of the contacts still have you on their list, but this feature is no longer working.

yes I checked again today and YES i looked very carefully lol

I really don't understand because even if he did delete me his email address should still at least appear in my allow list. His address was on my allow list for quite some time, I even did the right click thing to see if the delete option was enable and it was not.

overall very weird situation...about the "view who added you to their contacts" there are people who have disappeared from that list who I know for sure have deleted me..so are you sure it doesn't work?

Very unusual situation though
07-14-2010 08:32 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
overall very weird situation...about the "view who added you to their contacts" there are people who have disappeared from that list who I know for sure have deleted me..so are you sure it doesn't work?

It's unreliable at the moment.  I have people in that list showing as not having me that I'm 100% sure do have me...and yet other recent contacts showing the correct state of affairs.  The information in it is not to be trusted.

It's not worth worrying about the "allow" list business.  If you don't want to talk to them, then it isn't a problem.  If you do want to talk to them and are able to, then it isn't a problem.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5224 days, 11 hours, 45 minutes, 25 seconds ago
07-14-2010 08:37 AM
blahblah123

O.P. RE: deleted contact no longer in my allow list or block list :S
ok so as my own personal experiment I deleted a contact from my msn and asked her to delete me as well. Her name does still show up in my allow list except now the "delete" option is enabled. So I checked the "view" option and her email is no longer on that list.

So that may be a more reliable source? Still odd that he is no longer on my allow list...I did not remove him from there LOL actually I had no way of doing so
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

It's unreliable at the moment.  I have people in that list showing as not having me that I'm 100% sure do have me...and yet other recent contacts showing the correct state of affairs.  The information in it is not to be trusted.

It's not worth worrying about the "allow" list business.  If you don't want to talk to them, then it isn't a problem.  If you do want to talk to them and are able to, then it isn't a problem.

hahah yes that's true. I just like knowing who's deleted me and who hasn't :P
07-14-2010 08:43 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
At present, the most reliable way of knowing is whether they can start a conversation with you or not....as the only way they can do that is by having you in their contact list ;)

Also, please don't make consecutive posts without anyone else having replied, this is known as double posting and is against the forum rules.  Instead use the 'Edit' button to add to your original post
07-14-2010 09:11 AM
blahblah123

quote:
At present, the most reliable way of knowing is whether they can start a conversation with you or not....as the only way they can do that is by having you in their contact list ;)

Also, please don't make consecutive posts without anyone else having replied, this is known as double posting and is against the forum rules.  Instead use the 'Edit' button to add to your original post

haha oh sorry about that :$ yeaa only problem is this person is my ex who I'm not on speaking terms with ;)

I guess I shall never know if he has deleted me *sigh*
07-14-2010 09:59 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
If you aren't on speaking terms then it doesn't matter if they've deleted you or not ;)
07-14-2010 10:00 AM
blahblah123

quote:
If you aren't on speaking terms then it doesn't matter if they've deleted you or not ;)

;) true say
07-14-2010 10:10 AM
davidmorgan744

Yes it is possible that you had deleted him from the contact list than there is an acknowledgement to him and it is possible that due to your action he had also delete it.
07-14-2010 04:53 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: