What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Queensland Flood

Queensland Flood
Author: Message:
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Queensland Flood
I don't know how international the news is but in Queensland, there are major floods. This is one of the worst floods in Queensland stretching all along the coast and is so bad to the point that the Brisbane Central Business Distraict is being affected.

So far the death toll is 9 people dead and 51 missing but that is only a very early days.

We wish all Queenslanders, all the best and that they stay safe. (Including the ones on the forums such as NanaFreak and Markee and any one else I missed out on who is from Queensland and on the forums). Our best wishes are with you.

To all the Volunteers out there (including the volunteers from other states), State Emergency Services, St John Ambulance and the Australian Red Cross, thank you for giving up your time to help others.

The Queensland Government is looking for donations via the "Donate to the flood relief appeal" and any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
-High Speed Chaser

01-12-2011 06:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Queensland Flood
try 12 people found dead. http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/brisbane-brace...eon6-1225985939905

This post was edited on 01-12-2011 at 09:23 AM by Hank.
01-12-2011 09:22 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/01/12/3111644.htm
01-12-2011 11:27 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Yeh not looking good. Brisbane CBD will be under 5 metres of water in about half an hour (4am) not good at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Alias
try 12 people found dead. http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/brisbane-brace...eon6-1225985939905

"try" he posted the thread before that news story was posted.

Lucky it didn't reach 1974 levels.

What i find funny is the fact that this flood was bigger then the new Orleans flood, and brisbane has more population then new orleans, yet there was barely any looting or crime that went on during the floods.

Everyone remained calm and civil. Infact this flood brought people closer together, yet in new orleans everyone just went completely mental.

This post was edited on 01-12-2011 at 05:00 PM by Discrate.
01-12-2011 04:20 PM
CheekyGirl

43 / Female / Flag
I really feel for guy's over in aussie first the floods then the cyclone. My thoughts are with everyone over there. I have family there and a few friends, one friend from cairns I haven't heard from yet so I hope he's ok. :(
02-04-2011 07:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: