What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Msg+ Mobile App suggestion

Msg+ Mobile App suggestion
Author: Message:
melindra

O.P. Msg+ Mobile App suggestion
There are plenty of mobile IM clients out there and a few of them work pretty well. I'm sure I'll find one I'm quite happy with, but one of the features of Msg+ I have always loved and will result in my continued use of the addon even if the rest managed to fall to shit is the superior logging client. I love that I can use Msg+ from any computer anywhere and, so long as I am still logged on to Msg+ at home, it will all log on my home computer. (I know plus recently added an online logging feature but it glitched like mad and I had to disable it, sadly.)

One thing I was pretty picky about was finding a mobile IM client that would allow me to be signed on both at home and on my phone to see if that would allow my chats to be logged at home, as with regular MSN, but it doesn't. =\ So yes. I would love the developers to put out a mobile Msg+ for the sole purpose of being able to track everything my friends and I say and do in one nifty place.

That is all.

P.S. I upgraded my comp to Win7 and was forced to download the 2011 version of Windows Live Messenger before the new Msg+ release was out. It was a very dark time for me. :( In short, I -love- this addon and don't know as I would keep/enjoy MSN at all without it.
04-28-2011 09:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Msg+ Mobile App suggestion
The idea is nice, but it is extremely unlikely it will be done.
Also because the mobile phone market has many different operating systems, often completely different from Windows, and each has their own limits. Even the Windows Mobile OS itself is very different from the PC Windows version in that regards.

quote:
Originally posted by melindra
P.S. I upgraded my comp to Win7 and was forced to download the 2011 version of Windows Live Messenger
You are not forced to use Windows Live Messenger 2011.
It is suggested you use the latest version, but you can still download and use Windows Live Messenger 2009 if you want.
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-Messenger-XP

MOD: Changed quote attribution to avoid confusion
COOKIE: what attribution? confusion about what? There is only 1 post before this reply, how can that be confusing?

This post was edited on 02-15-2012 at 01:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-24-2011 06:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shazda5anom

RE: RE: Msg+ Mobile App suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The idea is nice, but it is extremely unlikely it will be done.
Also because the mobile phone market has many different operating systems, often completely different from Windows, and each has their own limits. Even the Windows Mobile OS itself is very different from the PC Windows version in that regards.

quote:
Originally posted by melindra
P.S. I upgraded my comp to Win7 and was forced to download the 2011 version of Windows Live Messenger
You are not forced to use Windows Live Messenger 2011.
It is suggested you use the latest version, but you can still download and use Windows Live Messenger 2009 if you want.
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-Messenger-XP

MOD: Changed quote attribution to avoid confusion

Its hard to make the software work on phones and for different operating systems but NOT impossible ! :)
07-16-2011 10:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Unfortunatly some things are impossible, shazda5anom.

Although matty told you there is now a team working on Plus! instead of just one person, it doesn't mean the chances for something like this happening is greatly increased. As a matter of fact, that team has already their hands more than full with Plus! on the Windows OS and all the other things which come with it.

So, chances are still extremely slim to probably even non-existant that Plus! will be made for mobile phone OSs anytime soon (and I mean in terms of years). Biggest reasons are the major incompatibility between the mobile phone systems and the big lack of decent IM-platform on many mobile phone OSs. But, yeah, never say never, but I wouldn't count on it.

This post was edited on 07-17-2011 at 02:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-17-2011 04:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shazda5anom

Ok, thank you and for Matty too.
07-17-2011 08:34 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend