What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » file extension part free download

file extension part free download
Author: Message:
gagutih99

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. file extension part free download
I was downloading an MP3 from my web browser and as the connection was a little slow, it took a while to download the file, when I was prompted that the file download was completed, I tried to open the file but my media player can’t open it and I’ve noticed that the extension is PART, how do I open that file?
05-31-2011 06:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: file extension part free download
Try renaming it to .mp3. But most likely the download never really finished and it only saved the file partially before the connection dropped or timed out. Try downloading it again.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-31-2011 08:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Most browsers nowadays make a temporary file while downloading things and make them unreadable files with another extension [.part, .download...], so yes, just try to download it again.
[Image: Empty.png]
05-31-2011 11:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
eloznem

34 / Male / Flag
PART files actually refer to partially downloaded files. Most download as they are of huge file sizes divides download into parts and unless all these parts are downloaded, any partial part is deemed useless as you cannot open the file unless all parts are downloaded and unless all parts are combined together as one and saved on its original file type. With such, you may either restart the download or for file extension part, free download software that can resume interrupted downloads where you can pick up where you left off can also be utilized.
Shout For Joy
06-05-2011 09:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by eloznem
PART files actually refer to partially downloaded files. Most download as they are of huge file sizes divides download into parts and unless all these parts are downloaded, any partial part is deemed useless as you cannot open the file unless all parts are downloaded and unless all parts are combined together as one and saved on its original file type. With such, you may either restart the download or for file extension part, free download software that can resume interrupted downloads where you can pick up where you left off can also be utilized.
True, but it is certainly not uncommon for downloaders to fail to rename and/or move the file for whatever reason once all parts are downloaded. And thus the .PART/.DOWNLOAD/.WHATEVER file remains unrenamed and unmoved, although it was 100% downloaded. Renaming the extension yourself to the proper one will 'fix' such files. So, it is not entirly useless to try that. If it doesn't work, then yep, the file was not 100% downloaded yet and some parts are probably still missing.

This post was edited on 06-07-2011 at 04:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-07-2011 04:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: