What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Won't record Skype calls

Won't record Skype calls
Author: Message:
Zeldrick

O.P. Won't record Skype calls
When I join a skype call, the add-on prompts me that it has detected a call in session. When I click "yes" to start recording, it first tries to encode the call that it hasn't even recorded yet, and then tries to record it. With the preview and status of the file size, it shows no ongoing length of the recording or increasing file size, as well as no preview of the call in session.

I've also learned that after I press the "stop" button on either the preview window or the one on the toolbar, it does stop the non-existent recording with no file to show for it. Then, if I click on the record button on the toolbar, the button flashes as though it's recording, but the "stop" button does not work. For me to be able to stop it, I have to exit out of the Messenger Plus! for Skype add-on all together, and reopen it. Restarting the program does not work at all, and the same goes for trying to repair the program.

I will also mention that last night I was able to record  many instances, all being successfully outputting a video of the section of a group call I was in. But, now I can't get it to work.

I have also tried reinstalling Messenger Plus! for Skype, and this did not work either.

I'm not sure what to do now, since the recording feature is very cool and would love to have it for recording my crazy group calls :) Please help, and thank you for any response.
02-22-2012 06:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
RE: Won't record Skype calls
Reported it to developers.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

02-23-2012 03:45 PM
mich999
Former Yuna Software

Hello Zeldrick

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We want to diagnose this issue with you. So please, send us an email at Support@kimahrisoftware.com. Once we receive your email, we'll schedule debugging sessions on your computer to identify the source of the problem.

Thanks,

Sabri B.
Project Leader
Kimahri Software Inc.

02-23-2012 06:18 PM
zzCoolCatzz

sounds like the same exact problem im having and posted about except for i didnt do any group calls.  Most of the posts here have differnt names but this looks like the common thread, it just dont record.  I was thinking the preview window needed to have a video to select in it or something because i think it should show something in that.  I can exit the nonrecording recording by closing the video window and not backing all the way out of the program.

This post was edited on 02-23-2012 at 08:17 PM by zzCoolCatzz.
02-23-2012 08:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: