What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » adding winks

adding winks
Author: Message:
brandon_r87

O.P. Roll Eyes  adding winks
winks are pretty cool but most aren't very good.  my guess is that that winks are made from flash animation so would it be possible to put swf files in a winks folder and import them into messenger, maybe by a plugin?  this idea sounds pretty reasonable to me even if the plug would have to make a seperate custom wink drop down menu to include them.
05-04-2005 09:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: adding winks
They have to have a special digital signature for them to work. Click search and have a look in the forums :)
05-04-2005 09:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
brandon_r87

O.P. RE: adding winks
thanks.  would it be possible to do ones that send only to others with messenger plus?
05-04-2005 09:28 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: adding winks
quote:
Originally posted by brandon_r87
winks are pretty cool but most aren't very good.  my guess is that that winks are made from flash animation so would it be possible to put swf files in a winks folder and import them into messenger, maybe by a plugin?  this idea sounds pretty reasonable to me even if the plug would have to make a seperate custom wink drop down menu to include them.

In the first leaked beta of messenger some people worked out how to add their own winks, however because this allows remote execution of you flash code, this became a massive security exploit. And very dangerous. So since then all the winks in messenger and the ones you can download from sites like bluemountain are digitaly signed. So whilst still theoretically possable to had custom winks you would need a digital signature that costs around $200 afik. Also there would still be the security problem.

So if your to lazy to read all that and you skipped to this bit the short answer is no, long answer is: Yes if your willing to pay $200ish and have lots of annoying winks take control of your computer.
05-04-2005 09:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
brandon_r87

O.P. RE: adding winks
thanks.  i didn't realize how complex (and expensive!) this would be.  i also didn't know flash files could be cause a security hole but thanks for the info.
05-04-2005 09:32 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: