What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Help please!

Help please!
Author: Message:
love_spreads

O.P. Help please!
As some windows virus checker thing scans computer everyday at 18:00, it ALWAYS picks up msgplus as a medium level threat and according to my father it put viruses on the lap top and apparently he's read elsewhere it puts spyware on the system, is there a way to install it and make it uninstallable by anyone else including the windows virus thing?
06-11-2005 09:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Abz2k4

ph34r m3

35 / Male / –
RE: Help please!
quote:
Originally posted by love_spreads
As some windows virus checker thing scans computer everyday at 18:00, it ALWAYS picks up msgplus as a medium level threat and according to my father it put viruses on the lap top and apparently he's read elsewhere it puts spyware on the system, is there a way to install it and make it uninstallable by anyone else including the windows virus thing?

Check if your virus scanner has a feature to ignore certain detected items and not bring them up in future scans. That should stop Messenger Plus from appearing in future. Messenger Plus does not contain any viruses, the 'spyware' you're talking about is the optional sponsor program bundled with Plus, you have the option to accept to install it or refuse. As for making it uninstallable for anyone else including the virus thing, im not quite sure what you mean by that.
[Image: abzmksig9ae.png]
06-11-2005 09:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
love_spreads

O.P. RE: Help please!
I'm well aware of it having no viruses etc. been on on it for years until now.

What if I make the checker ignore it that'll stop it coming up. Got that. In which case I won't need to make it uninstallable as he won't see it.

What I meant was, is there any way to get it off the add/remove programs list etc? Or password protect the uninstallation of it?
06-11-2005 09:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by love_spreads
is there any way to get it off the add/remove programs list etc?
Assuming you're familiar with the registry you could remove the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MsgPlus! Plugin key.
06-11-2005 10:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Why dont you prove messenger plus is not spyware, but can bundle some adware. They are 2 different programs altogether. Maybe showing him my video guide. http://www.plussounds.net/Other then going to installing without sponser.

This would be better becuase if plus hada bug and you wanted to uninstall it, it would be difficult if you delete the key :P
06-11-2005 10:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: