What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Emoticon library bug?

Emoticon library bug?
Author: Message:
ntruax

– / Male / –
O.P. Emoticon library bug?
Hi, I did a search for this but I didn't see anything about this exact "problem" so I decided to post about it.

I'm using Plus! version 3.61.145 with MSN messenger 7.5.0299 with XP Pro.

When I have a conversation window open and want to insert custom emoticons, I click the "Select an emoticon" button,  then click on more (Click here to see your library of emoticons), and scroll down to "My Emoticons" you have to click the emoticon, then click OK to add it to the conversation window.   

It used to be you could just double click the emoticon to add it.    Instead of having to click on the emoticon then clicking OK.

Why can't you do this anymore?   Is it a "bug" or what?  It just takes longer to add them the way it works now especially if you want to add more than one.

Thanks.
10-13-2005 08:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mordero

RE: Emoticon library bug?
Thats messenger's way of adding in emoticons (and its the same way for me you have to click OK), to use plus! you can set it up so when you type a "(" it will give you the list or by clicking on the little plus icon and then on "Display the emoticon panel"
10-13-2005 09:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Emoticon library bug?
quote:
Originally posted by ntruax
Hi, I did a search for this but I didn't see anything about this exact "problem" so I decided to post about it.

I'm using Plus! version 3.61.145 with MSN messenger 7.5.0299 with XP Pro.

When I have a conversation window open and want to insert custom emoticons, I click the "Select an emoticon" button,  then click on more (Click here to see your library of emoticons), and scroll down to "My Emoticons" you have to click the emoticon, then click OK to add it to the conversation window.
although mordero already said it in a way, I repeat this to make it clear:

What you are explaining hasn't got anything to do with Messenger Plus!. What you described is adding (custom) emoticons with MSN Messenger...

MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! are two different programs. Messenger Plus! does not replace MSN Messenger, it adds some extra functions to MSN Messenger. You still are using and chatting with MSN Messenger, not Messenger Plus.

--------

The thing which is from Messenger Plus! is the ability to make your own emoticons panels like the one used by MSN Messenger. And this is what mordero is talking about when he says:
quote:
to use plus! you can set it up so when you type a "(" it will give you the list or by clicking on the little plus icon and then on "Display the emoticon panel"
Thus, to explain it maybe a bit better (sorry mordero):

As alternative to the MSN Messenger emoticon panel to choose your emoticon from, you can make your own emoticon panels with Messenger Plus!. These panels can be shown if you type the character "(" in a conversation. If you do this, then after a few milliseconds a panel will popup. This panel is the first of 5 you can configure like you wish.

From here, you can directly single click on an emoticon and it will be added to the text you've typed.

These panels from Messenger Plus! (thus I'm not talking about the single panel from MSN Messenger which you described, but about the panels from Messenger Plus!) can be configured in Plus! > Preferences > Message Helpers > Quick Icons

--------

PS: since the thing you described had nothing to do with Messenger Plus!, this was also posted in the wrong forum and thus I've made a request to the mods to move this thread to "Windows/MSN Messenger" instead...

This post was edited on 10-13-2005 at 10:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-13-2005 10:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: