What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Dispay contact info, please help

Dispay contact info, please help
Author: Message:
Boaz

O.P. Dispay contact info, please help
Hello everyone

I recently got this problem where i keep getting wrong information about my contacts, whenever i right-click on their names and go to "display contact's information", i sometimes get wrong dates about the last time they were online and the last chat we had. i know that for sure because i was talkin to a friend a night ago and it told me the last time he went online was like 40 days ago and the last chat we had was 100 days ago. then i signed off,and it went back to normal, but then the next day, it went to 41 days ago and 101 days ago. would this be a bug or something else?

also, is it possible for someone who has Messenger Plus to know if your online (but you have blocked them) just by right-clicking and going to "display contact's info" and look at the "recent evvents"??? would they be able to know that even though your appearing offline to them, you are actually online if you change your status from, let's say, away to busy to online?

thank you
03-05-2005 10:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Dispay contact info, please help
quote:
Originally posted by Boaz
also, is it possible for someone who has Messenger Plus to know if your online (but you have blocked them) just by right-clicking and going to "display contact's info" and look at the "recent evvents"??? would they be able to know that even though your appearing offline to them, you are actually online if you change your status from, let's say, away to busy to online?
No it isn't. This is because, as far as the blocked contact is concerned, you've signed out. Therefore, they won't be notified about your status changes.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-05-2005 11:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Boaz

O.P. RE: Dispay contact info, please help
so basicaly, ur saying that since the contact has been blocked, there won't be anything in the recent event window if they right-click next to your name, and look in that box? the thing is, i saw someone as offline, yet when i checked their "recent events", it told me they were online and even had changed their names? how is that possible?!

This post was edited on 03-08-2005 at 01:57 PM by Boaz.
03-05-2005 11:50 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Are you sure that person has blocked you? It's possible that those changes happened while you were away from keyboard.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-05-2005 04:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Boaz

actually, turns out they deleted me :( in that case, would i be able to see their changing status or not?

Please, i really need an answer for my other question, because it keeps happening, and im not sure if this is a bug or something else. does anyone else have this problem?
03-06-2005 01:30 AM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
they can set it if they want u to see their status or sometin but there is a program that shows u that if the person has deletd/blocked u..
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

03-06-2005 02:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Boaz

SikStyles, are you sure there is a program that tells u if u've been blocked/deleted..

i thought there was no such program :^):S
03-06-2005 09:14 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
there isnt

please refer to Block Checkers DO NOT Work.
03-06-2005 09:25 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
You can not tell if youve been blocked, see the post lee link to for why.

But you can tell if you've been deleted by opening the messenger options.
Going to privacy, and clicking the button that says "View"
This will show you what called you "reverse list" basically it shows every one whos got you on thier contact list.
If a contact isnt on there then they have deleted you
There is a program called NoRooms listmanger (previosly known as norooms listcleaner) that allows you to compare your contact list and your reverse list and see if you've been deleted much easyly than the method i just said.
Noroom's listmanager
03-06-2005 10:48 AM
Boaz

just wondering, shouold i post this in the bug report thread?
because Im really not sure if this is a bug or not...... this would relate to Messenger Plus and not MSN messenger right, since the date logging comes from Messenger Plus?
03-08-2005 02:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: