What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Messages to Mobile Device

Messages to Mobile Device
Author: Message:
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messages to Mobile Device
In 8.5, dont know about previous versions of Messenger the window class for Pager/Mobile devices is "PageWindowClass" instead if "IMWindowClass"
i see that Plus! handles those windows by adding the "necessary" plus! buttons on the toolbar...

Though these windows are not added in the tabbed chats but instead are opened each separately in their own window.

Edit: Also the Plus! menu is not added to the menu bar.

This post was edited on 06-04-2007 at 02:47 PM by TazDevil.
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
06-04-2007 12:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Messages to Mobile Device
Yep, that's all done on purpose. Most Plus! features are useless in mobile chat windows so these windows are left alone. The buttons are left in the toolbar because the window template is the same, clicking on any of them will display an error message.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-05-2007 09:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Trauts

RE: RE: Messages to Mobile Device
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Yep, that's all done on purpose. Most Plus! features are useless in mobile chat windows so these windows are left alone. The buttons are left in the toolbar because the window template is the same, clicking on any of them will display an error message.

I realize this is kind of an old thread, but it feels more appropriate to bring it up here rather than make a new one.

I noticed tonight that messages sent in mobile chat windows with a contact on your list aren't logged... I'd say that's the one feature in plus that a mobile chat window that would be nice to have =)

Even if your conversation may be a bit more... broken up, it's still nice to have a record of it. Some people carry on long conversations in those windows..
07-07-2007 08:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Merc

40 / Male / Flag
I know I'm bumping the thread again, but like the last poster it seemed like a reasonable thing here.
I'm one of the people that he mentions with long conversations in Mobile windows - I have a couple of friends with basically unlimited texting and a thumb keyboard on their phones and we often talk for quite some time; discussing ideas and the like.

I have to use WLM's built in logging to log these, and that's somewhat irritating, 'cause the built in logging - though hardly bad, it's a hassle - loses the convo if the program crashes before the window is closed. And it's annoying to have to look in different places for a log. :P

If it isn't too much trouble, I want to add my vote to the idea of adding logging support to Mobile windows.

(Believe it or not, that's why I registered on the forums.. I was searching to see if anyone had mentioned this particular lack)
07-26-2007 06:46 PM
jdunlap

Just bumping this up again... I love the Messenger Plus! Live chat log feature and it would be simply awesome to be able to have mobile messages be logged as well! :)
08-23-2007 10:04 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: