What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed MSN changes names into '1'

Tabbed MSN changes names into '1'
Author: Message:
Bludjinni

O.P. Tabbed MSN changes names into '1'
I never had this problem before with Tabbed Msn. This is a new pc. When I do Tabbed MSN and have the Tabbed MSNwindows minimalized for awhile, and open it back up, some names of the persons I'm chatting with in the tabs are replaced by a 1. When a person starts chatting with me even though some people are called '1', their name appear normal. Their names will change into '1' later on though. By ESC-ing their windows the problem is solved temporarely.

[Image: tabbedag6.th.jpg]

I suppose it's not a world issue, but it's annoying none the less...

(I hope the screenshot is clear enough.. Imageshack is being a bitch today.. (thanks for hosting anyway ^^))

This post was edited on 11-20-2006 at 02:11 PM by Bludjinni.
11-20-2006 02:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed MSN changes names into '1'
Are you sure you have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live? This was something related to the Protocol 14 of MSN and should have been fixed by now *-).
11-20-2006 02:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Bludjinni

O.P. RE: Tabbed MSN changes names into '1'
Well, I'm pretty sure, I downloaded them both yesterday on the official sites... :/ Let me check.
I've got version 4.0.0.235 of Messenger Plus... And version 8.0 of MSN Live. Are those the newest versions? (I have to go now.. Sorry, thanks a lot for your time)
11-20-2006 02:11 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Please don't double post. Use the [Image: edit.gif] button. You need WLM 8.00.0812.00 and Messenger Plus! Live 4.1 as they are the latest public versions. You can get them off their official sites.
11-20-2006 02:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Bludjinni

I downloaded of the official sites. I downloaded again and reinstalled and got Messenger Live 8.0something again (Dutch version). If you would please be so kind as to post the links to your versions? Thanks...
11-21-2006 09:52 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Bludjinni
Well, I'm pretty sure, I downloaded them both yesterday on the official sites... :/ Let me check.
I've got version 4.0.0.235 of Messenger Plus... And version 8.0 of MSN Live. Are those the newest versions? (I have to go now.. Sorry, thanks a lot for your time)

Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812 is the latest public non-beta version.

However, Messengr Plus! Live 4.0 is not. The latest Messenger Plus! Live version is 4.10.250 which can be downloaded from the official site (as always)...

Also if you've downloaded Messenger Plus! Live on November 19th like you said, it should already have been 4.10.250 since it was released on November 11th.

Make sure you always download from official sites and not from anywhere else.

;)

This post was edited on 11-21-2006 at 11:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-21-2006 11:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bludjinni

I did download from the official plus site. I'm very sure.. Unless it was a clonesite..

I'll download it again though. I'm sure it's my bad, I must have made a mistake somewhere. Sorry and thanks!

This post was edited on 11-23-2006 at 12:37 PM by Bludjinni.
11-23-2006 12:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: