What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Appear Offline on Login Problem

Appear Offline on Login Problem
Author: Message:
frix199

(k)

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Appear Offline on Login Problem
Hey there!

I got a problem, which goes like this:

When you first login on WLM as "Appearing Offline" there's a dialog prompt that asks you if you want to keep your status like that or change it to "Online".
There is also one of these common "Don't show this again" checkboxes which store your answer for future use.

My problem is that the first time i logged in as Appearing Offline, i checked the box and clicked Yes, which means WLM automatically changes my status to "Online" each time i try to login as "Appearing Offline".
I searched a bit around registry but i didn't find the key for this dialog. (I'm 85% sure that its stored on a registry value.)

I wonder if any of you knew the solution to my problem.

Thanks! :)
01-14-2008 08:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Appear Offline on Login Problem
Yes, it is inside registry.

HKCU>Microsoft>MSN Messenger>PerPassportSettings>Your Special ID Number If there are several keys there and you cannot find which one is for your settings, then download and run this small tool to determine your special id number MSN_ID.zip (If you cannot open this file, it means there is hotlink protection on it, so try every ID you'll see there. If you want I can even attach that program here) When you find yours, click on it and at the section at right hand side, find DontShowDefaultSignIn and set it to 0.
01-14-2008 10:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
frix199

(k)

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Appear Offline on Login Problem
Thanks, but i have already tried that and it still doesn't show...
By the way, there's an easier way to determine your special id. Either from the registry key "MessageLogPath" or from you history folder, which is like this: My received files/UserNamexxxxx were xxxxx is your special id number.

If any of you had any other ideas please help :)
Thanks!
Wait, it does, i just had to restart my computer.
Last time i only restarted msn so dialog didn't show up.
My bad :)

Thanks anyways!
01-15-2008 06:32 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Appear Offline on Login Problem
quote:
Originally posted by frix199
By the way, there's an easier way to determine your special id. Either from the registry key "MessageLogPath" or from you history folder, which is like this: My received files/UserNamexxxxx were xxxxx is your special id number.
Thanks for the id hint, but I cannot use it because I don't keep message history of WLM, only Plus! ones. Whatever.
quote:
Wait, it does, i just had to restart my computer.
Last time i only restarted msn so dialog didn't show up.
My bad :)
No, yesterday, I tried by only restarting messenger and it worked. It may due to os difference (mine is xp), I am not sure though.
01-15-2008 06:51 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Appear Offline on Login Problem
quote:
My problem is that the first time i logged in as Appearing Offline, i checked the box and clicked Yes, which means WLM automatically changes my status to "Online" each time i try to login as "Appearing Offline".
This confused me. If I check the box and then press Yes, it doesn't change my Appear offline status to Online automatically next times I sign in. Are you sure, it changed yours? If yes, then why do our messengers work differently? If no, there is no that big problem in fact which requires tweaking registry to get an annoying popup again :rolleyes:
01-24-2008 09:53 PM
frix199

(k)

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Appear Offline on Login Problem
Yes, i'm pretty sure it did.
Every time i logged in as "Appearing Offline" it changed my status back to online.
After i selected no on the popup, it doesn't.

Hmm dunno :/
I got wlm 8.1, maybe they did something different on 8.5 (if you got 8.5, and i doubt they changed this detail on 8.5)
01-25-2008 12:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: