What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » how to convert chat logs to normal html?

how to convert chat logs to normal html?
Author: Message:
peeInMyPantz

O.P. how to convert chat logs to normal html?
Is there a way to convert chat logs to normal html besides opening up in browser and save as html?

I have problem reading these html files as text files because they are encrypted.

I have to be able to read these files using scripts such as python or perl, so that I can automate the process of converting my chat logs to normal html and send them to my gmail so I can log my msn in gmail. It is important for me to be able to read the html codes so that I can attach all the emoticons and display them properly in my gmail as well.

hope someone can help me with this. so far I have done this with my msn chat logs in gaim, so I don't think I will have problem with the default chat log format of msn which is xml, but I would prefer to have messenger plus! live version of chat log coz it's nicer and it comes with emoticons.
12-20-2006 02:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Terry_K

– / Male / –
RE: how to convert chat logs to normal html?
This is off the top of my head, I can't remember this too well.

When you open an encrypted log file, I think that it creates an unencrypted HTML log next to it and when you are done with it, it deletes the unencrypted version.

Converting is just a simple matter of decrypting the logs by opening the file and getting the file that is placed when you open the encrypted log. But you may have to do this manually.

I think the decrypted file is hidden so don't be surprised if you don't spot it right away.

This post was edited on 12-21-2006 at 02:06 AM by Terry_K.
Terry K
12-21-2006 02:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
peeInMyPantz

O.P. RE: RE: how to convert chat logs to normal html?
quote:
Originally posted by Terry_K
This is off the top of my head, I can't remember this too well.

When you open an encrypted log file, I think that it creates an unencrypted HTML log next to it and when you are done with it, it deletes the unencrypted version.

Converting is just a simple matter of decrypting the logs by opening the file and getting the file that is placed when you open the encrypted log. But you may have to do this manually.

I think the decrypted file is hidden so don't be surprised if you don't spot it right away.

thanx.. but i think that is equivalent to just clicking save as in my browser. I have almost 700 html files to convert.. haha
12-21-2006 02:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: