What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » error installing...

error installing...
Author: Message:
haruka

Living in the J-pop World

O.P. Sad  error installing...
Hi.

I installed the latest 8.1 ver of WLM wif latest ver of MSGPLUS and messpatch latest ver... after that i have my computer restarted and which it will load a checkdisk and it does checking of my disk.. and did restore of some files which is WLM related... it took 12 hours and the checking is still not done.

And now, i cant reinstall WLM when during the installation, they said that wmv9vcm.dll is corrupted. I tried uninstalling the patch but its of no use.

How should i go about fixing this problem?

thank you.

Hope can get my WLM running asap.
02-23-2007 08:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: error installing...
I suggest you try a truly fresh install of WLM (there's more to it then an uninstall/reinstall though add/remove programs) if uninstalling and reinstalling (with a freshly downloaded WLM installer) after deleting MSN Messenger folder in program files folder doesn't work.

Follow instructions given in: Completely remove (MSN/Windows Live) Messenger

This post was edited on 02-23-2007 at 10:59 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-23-2007 10:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
haruka

Living in the J-pop World

O.P. RE: error installing...
thank you for your reply. i will try to do the complete remove of the live messenger to see if it works.

thank you so much.
oh. i look through the link you gave. but it says that all step have to be done, not to be skipped. but i cant even delete the msn messenger folder from the program files...

actually wanted to delete it from safe mode (not sure if it works) but it just like hang on me during startup when i choose the mode...
a summary of my problem..

1) Uninstalled WLM but cant have it installed again due to the wmv9vcm.dll which was said to be corrupted or unreadable.

2) another file, lcres.dll, in the MSN Messenger program file is corrupted as well if im not wrong...

3) I cant delete the above 2 .dll files.

4) Due to this MSN problem, everytime i restart the computer, it will proceed to the chkdsk process unless i press any key to skip it to run windows.

5) Above chkdsk during startup does restore of XXXXXXXXXXX orphaned files into windows live contacts/groups which took more than 30hours and not yet completed, and therefore. i restarted the computer.

6) I cant do chkdsk as well in windows.

7) Web messenger does not work for me. the popup turns up but the list is not showing. Windows messenger logged in but there will be a msg in the chat window saying that the msg is not sent as the receiver is having network problems (same msg for all online contacts), tried sending msg over but non is showed in the chat window.

8) Tried doing system restore but does not work as well.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-24-2007 06:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: