What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Synchronize MSN display picture with web picture.

Synchronize MSN display picture with web picture.
Author: Message:
daiphoenix

O.P. Synchronize MSN display picture with web picture.
Hi. I was wondering if it was possible to somehow synchronize one's MSN display picture so that it can be acessed from the web, so that for example, it can then be used as avatar pic in web forums.
For example, can one's MSN display pictures be accessed from MSN spaces? (From what I've seen it seems not.) Or can there be a MSN Plus plugin that whenever the display picture is changed in MSN, the plugin will upload that image to a web server (perhaps by FTP, SSH, or image hosting website APIs, so that again, the picture becomes acessible from the web?
04-15-2007 02:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Synchronize MSN display picture with web picture.
Status2FTP ;)
[Image: signature.php]
04-15-2007 02:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
daiphoenix

O.P. RE: Synchronize MSN display picture with web picture.
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Status2FTP ;)
Thx, that's exactly the kind of program I was looking for. However, I'm behind a NAT (it's like a firewall) and I can't use FTP in active mode, so the program isn't working. I'll try to contact the creator and see if the program can be made to use FTP in passive mode.
04-19-2007 06:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Synchronize MSN display picture with web picture.
quote:
Originally posted by daiphoenix
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Status2FTP ;)
Thx, that's exactly the kind of program I was looking for. However, I'm behind a NAT (it's like a firewall) and I can't use FTP in active mode, so the program isn't working. I'll try to contact the creator and see if the program can be made to use FTP in passive mode.

I intend to make a new version of Status2FTP at some point, just been a bit busy recently working on various college assignments (one of which I have had about four months to work on, so what better time to start working on it than the day before it is due!).
04-19-2007 07:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: