What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Combo with Stuffplug

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Combo with Stuffplug
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Combo with Stuffplug
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Still won't work...because the user ID is YOUR user ID for stuffplug settings. So as I said...not possible from a protocol point of view

Which is the property Messenger.MyUserId 8-).  As I said this is perfectly possible for even some semi-good scripter to do (as in they have written a script over 20 lines).
[Image: markee.png]
01-12-2007 03:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mada.f

O.P. RE: Combo with Stuffplug
Prove them wrong by making it :P
01-12-2007 03:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Combo with Stuffplug
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Still won't work...because the user ID is YOUR user ID for stuffplug settings. So as I said...not possible from a protocol point of view

Which is the property Messenger.MyUserId 8-).  As I said this is perfectly possible for even some semi-good scripter to do (as in they have written a script over 20 lines).

Hate to break news to you but...this is from the documentation itself

quote:
MyUserId - Messenger User ID of the current user.

and it also says "A string specifying the Messenger User ID of the current user."

Now tell me if I understand this wrongly but doesn't that refer to your personal ID, not your contacts ID? so how in the world is that going to work?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
01-12-2007 04:15 AM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Combo with Stuffplug
Here is the script you were after.  I just wanted to prove that it could be done.  The script doesn't have any interfaces, you jut have to use the /chatonly command when in a chat with that person.  The contact specific Chat-Only name can only be set and used when there is only one other contact in the conversation with you.  I hope you enjoy it and that other people realize it wasn't impossible after all.

.plsc File Attachment: chat-only contact.plsc (1.11 KB)
This file has been downloaded 135 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 04:58 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
01-12-2007 04:58 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Can't be done on a per contact basis as I said on the stuffplug forums....protocol does not allow a per contact setup, just like you can't have a dp for one contact.
The existance of the ChatOnly Name feature is exactly because the protocol does allow you to send specific stuff to a specific chat*. Otherwise there wasn't a chatonly nickname feature to begin with.

Aka: when Messenger sends a line to a chat session*, the name of the sender is included. And it is exactly this name which is changed to have the ChatOnly Nickname feature.

quote:
The ID hasn't got anything todo with the protocol...

PS: Code to calculate the ID of contact emails (or text for that matter) is well known (thanks to wtbw): CookieRevised's reply to MSN ID calculator

--------

The POC (proof of concept) script of markee, shows it is very well possible. But it has also some implications: eg: if you have automated messages reacting on something a contact says, the script does not change the nickname again to the contact specific one.

As such... such a request and addition to this feature is best to be implemented in StuffPlug itself (although it will always be limited to single contact conversations*).

* It will never ever be a contact specific nickname, but a chat specific nickname... Stuff is send to sessions, which can contain several contacts... hence ChatOnly nickname and not ContactOnly nickname.

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 05:22 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-12-2007 05:13 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I tell you what you deserve credit markee...although I will say (and not many know this apart from my closefamily members) when I tried ages ago I kept failing miserably, and just forgot about doing it, hence why I thought it was a protocol thing preventing it.

But you have definately proved otherwise...oh and by the way, just as an idea for the interface, when I was doing my one (and kept failing) I was doing it so it was like a table showing the Nickname of the contact, their email address and the chat-only name that was going to be set. Perhaps an idea to have in your mind maybe?

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Can't be done on a per contact basis as I said on the stuffplug forums....protocol does not allow a per contact setup, just like you can't have a dp for one contact.
The existance of the ChatOnly Name feature is exactly because the protocol does allow you to send specific stuff to a contact. Otherwise there wasn't a chatonly nickname feature to begin with.

Aka: when Messenger sends a line to another contact, the name of the sender is included. And it is exactly this name which is changed to have the ChatOnly Nickname feature.

Fair enough, as I said I kept trying and fail each time...if only I kept it and didn't trash it when I formatted...oh well such is life I suppose.

Now to run along and watch Australia win :P
01-12-2007 05:18 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
But you have definately proved otherwise...oh and by the way, just as an idea for the interface, when I was doing my one (and kept failing) I was doing it so it was like a table showing the Nickname of the contact, their email address and the chat-only name that was going to be set. Perhaps an idea to have in your mind maybe?
i think i will be doing an interface for it... it will be very simple... a list on the left with emails and default on to then a edit box on the right ;)
01-12-2007 05:22 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Remember that this will NOT be a contact specific nickname! Calling it that will be wrong (just as saying "open window notifiers" to "opened session notifiers").

The ChatOnly nickname is chat specific, not contact specific.

Keep this in mind when making an interface (or whatever else).

;)

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 05:26 AM by CookieRevised.
01-12-2007 05:25 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
In fact it is contact specific...I checked before I posted back...markee has used the registry to store each one

See the attachment

.png File Attachment: untitled1.PNG (36.69 KB)
This file has been downloaded 125 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 05:28 AM by MattyRid.
01-12-2007 05:26 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
In fact it is contact specific...I checked before I posted back...markee has used the registry to store each one
nope it isn't... this reply is exactly why I explicitly repeated again:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Remember that this will NOT be a contact specific nickname! Calling it that will be wrong (just as saying "open window notifiers" to "opened session notifiers").

The ChatOnly nickname is chat specific, not contact specific.

Keep this in mind when making an interface (or whatever else).

;)

Thus it is not because this POC script stores it contact specific that the ChatOnly Nickname feature is contact specific.

The ChatOnly Nickname is chat specific....

--------------

On the matter of how to store its settings: markee, try to use the user ID to store stuff. Putting plain emails in the registry is not recommended...(and take in account yahoo contact emails which have a prefix, in case you use the sEmail parameter of events) ;)

--------------

To others: all this is again to say that markee's script is just a POC (proof of concept) to simply show it is possible and should not be used as a "final" script because as a "final" script it doesn't work without glitches and issues.

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 05:56 AM by CookieRevised.
01-12-2007 05:29 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: