What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problems Installing

Problems Installing
Author: Message:
Jonnny

O.P. Problems Installing
Once upon a time, Messenger Plus worked perfectly well for me.
Now, however, it won't install.
I've read the FAQs and used the search engine, but haven't been able to find anything to help me solve my problem. You see, when I double-click the installer to run it, nothing happens for a few moments, then a dialog box pops up saying this:

quote:
MsgPlusLive-450.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: msgpluslive-450.exe     AppVer: 4.50.0.312     ModName: gdiplus.dll
ModVer: 5.1.3102.2180     Offset: 00047cd7

I've tried a lot of things, such as deleting registries and ending processes, but nothing has worked. Messenger Plus does not show up in Program Files or Add and Remove Programs.

It is probably also worth mentioning that while I can still use Windows Live Messenger itself, then installation only goes so far and then stops at about 99% - and it dosen't show up in Program Files, either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
02-27-2008 05:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jonnny

O.P. RE: Problems Installing
There must surely be someone who can help?
62 views and no replies?
03-02-2008 05:50 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Problems Installing
that's very strange, you probably have some corrupted system files.

Still, just to be sure, can you send me an email to mplus-support@patchou.com ? I'd like to work on that problem with you. Thanks.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-03-2008 01:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bigb88

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 / Male / Flag
yea Jonnny like patchou said u might have some corrupted system files

also is ya pc clean of spyware/virus's and stuff? can also mess up system files and stop programs from installin/workin right

This post was edited on 03-03-2008 at 01:18 AM by bigb88.
[Image: Untitled333.jpg]
03-03-2008 01:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jonnny

O.P. RE: Problems Installing
I have sent an email to the address you specified, Patchou.

And yes, I'm pretty sure my computer is clean, I have numerous security programs which I regular use, yet I still get the same problem.
03-03-2008 08:31 PM
Iminlove

34 / Female / Flag
Huh?  RE: Problems Installing
Hi, i am having the exact same problem, Mesenger plus worked, now i have uninstalled and re installed and i cannot see anything. im trying to get someone on here to help me but no such luck??? but what Windows Messenger do you have? If you have fixed your prob can you please tell me how you did it. thankyou xx
04-17-2008 02:20 PM
ndysm

I've been having this problem since last year and my post is still up and hasn't been solved so I gave up..To-date, nobody has still solved this gdiplus.dll.

Let me guess, not only does it not show up in the Program Files, but every version of Plus! Live you attempt to install will not run because of this cursed error, correct?

My Computer is clean as well, and i've never had one virus on it yet for 3 years! I even tried using that Microsoft GDIPlus Redistribution but it fails.  Suddenly last year it started failing..;I'll see if I find anything..

This post was edited on 07-02-2008 at 01:18 AM by ndysm.
07-02-2008 01:15 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ndysm
My Computer is clean as well, and i've never had one virus on it yet for 3 years! I even tried using that Microsoft GDIPlus Redistribution but it fails.  Suddenly last year it started failing..;I'll see if I find anything..
Run the command sfc /scannow from the run prompt.

This will make sure that any Windows files are the original. Note doing this will replace the UXTHEME.DLL patch for custom unsigned Windows Themes.

This is also from the redist.txt for the GDI Redistributable.

quote:
Originally posted by redist.txt
===========
Gdiplus.dll
===========

For Windows XP use the system-supplied gdiplus.dll.  Do not install a new gdiplus.dll over the system-supplied version (it will fail due to Windows File Protection). 

For Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98, install gdiplus.dll into the private directory of the application not into the system directory.

In addition to the rights granted in Section 1 of the Agreement ("Agreement"), with respect to gdiplus.dll for Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98, you have the following non-exclusive, royalty free rights subject to the Distribution Requirements detailed in Section 1 of the Agreement:

(1) You may distribute gdiplus.dll solely for use with Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98.

This post was edited on 07-02-2008 at 05:45 AM by matty.
07-02-2008 05:44 AM
ndysm

My computer never came with a Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM, and he sfc /scannow asks for me to insert this. Specifically says,
Files that are required to run Windows properly must be copied to the DLL Cache.

What now? And am I breaking a rule by posting over his thread?
07-06-2008 09:32 PM
ndysm

I don't know, probably will just buy a New Computer. This problem hasn't been solved for a long time.
07-12-2008 10:49 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: