What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Microsoft blocks youtube links?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Microsoft blocks youtube links?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Microsoft blocks youtube links?
http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5B4...30829E!35340.entry

Say again "MS never listens"...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-11-2008 05:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Messenger says Spaces

As always, we're open to feedback on how to make Messenger an even greater service.  And again, our apologies to the users that were impacted by this.

Yeah... I know... (I think they haven't read any of our feedbacks these days) [remembergint that they also blocked deviantart.com :@ ]

This post was edited on 05-11-2008 at 10:08 PM by blessedguy.
[Image: Empty.png]
05-11-2008 08:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
oh for crying out loud......

Yeah, MS is one big evil company which never listens and always does what they want and always trying to screw their users.

:rolleyes:

How much more can you take things out of proportion..... If they respond to some goofup and fix it within 24 and even blog about it and sharing inside info, you even complain....

Instead of complaining, why not give that feedback (in a proper mature way) so they can improve their ways.

Help > Report abuse
Help > Feedback
Help > Improve customer experience (or whatever the translation is)
Official Newsgroups
Connect
Channel9
MessengerSays space
etc....

For some people MS will never ever do something good; makes me wonder why they are still using it... it is not like you are forced to use it either...

[\rant]
05-11-2008 09:43 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Hey! microsoft also does (very) good things! Look at Windows XP; it is the best OS I've ever used (forgetting about viruses and that stuff), Messenger is nice (some lil problems, but better than all the others), WLM is awsome (the only one I like to use).

And, I do send them feedbacks, some things were improoved (yes!) others weren't (aww).

BUT, Microsoft is being really bad these days (can't find the word that would fit "not doing the right things, or the better things", so used bad), IE7 is pretty bugged and unsafe, Vista is nice but do things it shouldn't (like auto-updates when they shouldn't happen; yeah, that happens), and Office 07 (the best so far) is misformatting every office 2003 file it opens. So, yeah, theese days it seems Microsoft isn't being good.

@Yeah, MS is one big evil company which never listens and always does what they want and always trying to screw their users.: I don't thing they wan't to screw us... but they sure do. And sometimes no matter how long you tell them there is a problem, it doesn't get solved. I think I took things out of proportion when i said "I think they haven't ever read any of our feedbacks", so include "these days" in the end of that statement.
05-11-2008 10:07 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
like auto-updates when they shouldn't happen
Both Windows Vista and Windows XP do that unless you tell them not to!
It's not only Vista.

Speaking from experience :(
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
05-12-2008 12:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nefzen

ahh! my fingers! my fingers!

34 / Male / Flag
huh? I haven't felt any problems with youtube links
05-12-2008 04:09 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
huh? I haven't felt any problems with youtube links
maybe because they fixed it quickly
05-12-2008 05:08 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Why does a third party manage the blocks? It means they have made an escape goat.
05-12-2008 05:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Why does a third party manage the blocks? It means they have made an escape goat.
Why does Patchou let the managing of the script database up to Menthix? Why do companies partner up with others? Because those 3rd parties have the expertise, time, experience, sponsor contracts, etc... lots of good reasons... So, there is probably a good reason too why it is managed by a 3rd party (aka MS-partner), what that reason is I dunno...

But I don't see what "an escape goat" has todo with this (appart for yet another "bash-MS for no reason" reason).

This post was edited on 05-12-2008 at 06:12 PM by CookieRevised.
05-12-2008 06:09 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Why does Patchou let the managing of the script database up to Menthix? Why do companies partner up with others? Because those 3rd parties have the expertise, time, experience, sponsor contracts, etc... lots of good reasons... So, there is probably a good reason too why it is managed by a 3rd party (aka MS-partner), what that reason is I dunno...

But I don't see what "an escape goat" has todo with this (appart for yet another "bash-MS for no reason" reason).
This makes sense, though I find it rather odd that the (for now anonymous) third-party company blocks out these kinds of domains without firstly investigating. Surely someone there knows that websites like googlepages.com, ebuddy.com, mediafire.com, and youtube.com are perfectly safe to use. It looks rather odd that the things getting blocked are competitors (in certain ways) of Microsoft.

On another note, if they block out domains that are sent out too much, why is google not blocked? If they can avoid google's block, then they can avoid this kind of block as well.

On an offtopic note, perhaps the youtube links were being sent out too much because people were getting Rick Roll'd? :P
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
05-12-2008 06:46 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: