What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » need help with windows live messenger

need help with windows live messenger
Author: Message:
square eyes

O.P. need help with windows live messenger
Hi all, im not sure if im using the correct forum for this but im not having any luck with the other forum i posted this on.

WLM doesn't seem to do what i want it to do.
Im trying to remove someones contact information from "whats new" in my mums messenger account which i set up for her. She does not know this person at all and she is not in her friends or contacts list, but this unknown person's photo album appears in "what's new"
Ive closed down the account and signed up for a new one but hasnt worked.

As i said, the "whats new" section is supposed to be related to friends and contacts but the friends list is empty and the unknown person is not in her contact list or hotmail addresses.

Very srange

Please help  thanks
07-01-2008 08:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: need help with windows live messenger
"What's New"?

Do you mean the link in the Friends List window to your own Windows Live Space page showing updates of Friends?

eg:
http://<your_spaces_name>.home.services.spaces.live.com/whatsnew/

?

In that case scroll right to the bottom of that list and choose "Options"
http://<your_spaces_name>.home.services.spaces.live.com/whatsnewoptions/

In there you'll see two lists similar to the Allow & Block List in Messenger itself.

If that person appears in that list then it means that that person _is_ in one of the lists of your mom's Messenger account.

Probably in the Allow List. And if not, also check the Reverse List.
Allow List: Tools > Options > Privacy > ...
Reverse List: Tools > Options > Privacy > View > ...

If you're lucky then the person can be deleted from the Reverse List and thus consequently from all your other lists. For this you need to right click this contact in the list and choose "delete". But this will only work when that contact doesn't have your mom in his Contact List. If he does, the "Delete" menu item will be grayed out and he must first delete your mom from his Contact List before you can delete him.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-01-2008 10:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
square eyes

O.P. RE: need help with windows live messenger
Hi CookieRevised,

This is what i can't understand, the unkown person is not in the friends list on "my space" and not in the contact list under "privacy". This contact seems to be from asia and her email address is nowhere to be seen except on the "whats new" page. I click on options on that page and the contact is not listed on allow or block. Obviously i am on my mum's (or mom's) :) contact list so does that mean any friends i have will be listed on her space too? Maybe she was a friend that i accepted a while ago but i dont remember. Just a thought

Thanks for any advice
07-02-2008 11:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: need help with windows live messenger
quote:
Originally posted by square eyes
This is what i can't understand, the unkown person is not in the friends list on "my space" and not in the contact list under "privacy". This contact seems to be from asia and her email address is nowhere to be seen except on the "whats new" page. I click on options on that page and the contact is not listed on allow or block.
That's indeed strange (and creepy in a way :p)

quote:
Originally posted by square eyes
Obviously i am on my mum's (or mom's) :) contact list so does that mean any friends i have will be listed on her space too?
Normally no...*

But I'm not a "Live Spaces" expert either though. So maybe someone else could clarify this...

You could also try to contact support for "Live Spaces":
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlspaces

If you give enough details (like you did here) they should be able to at least look into it.

(* but it does mean your mom can probably see your friends list and your mum's friends can see your friends list too, and the friends of the friends of your mum can..., etc... but all this is a total different matter)

This post was edited on 07-02-2008 at 06:23 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-02-2008 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: