What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Problem with +speech 1.0

Problem with +speech 1.0
Author: Message:
HARLEY-XLH

O.P. Problem with +speech 1.0
I downloaded this script for the feature of it telling you when an event happens like when someone signs in or out. During the setup process I made the mistake of setting up speech recognition thinking that was a part of it but now every time I sign into MSN the Microsoft speech program opens up and in turn cancels the fact that my microphone is muted and makes those annoying noises when it can't understand a word. I have no use for Microsoft speech. Is there any way I can undo what I set up for speech recognition or to stop it from opening altogether when I open MSN?

*The box in Control panel is NOT checked to start speech recogntion when Windows starts up.
*I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling +speech 1.0 but as soon as I start it it fires up the speech recognition program and take my microphone off mute because the speech portion has already been trained.
*I have tried unchecking the box in Plus scripts to turn it off and that works but this in turn cancels the talk back part of +speech 1.0 which is what I want it for so I turn it back on and up comes Microsoft Speech yet again:@

Is ther any way to get rid of Microsoft speech or something I need to edit in the +speech 1.0 plug-in that now needs editing or something? I'm at a loss now.
03-12-2009 04:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: