What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [solved] CreateThread/GetCallbackPtr issues

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[solved] CreateThread/GetCallbackPtr issues
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [solved] CreateThread issues
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
matty and Eljay: you both are both wrong and right :p
CookieRevised's reply to [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!)
So, if I understand this correctly, Plus! declares a number of static functions which all accept a certain number of numeric arguments. Then, based on the function passed through GetCallbackPtr, Plus! determines the amount of arguments the passed JScript function accepts and returns the pointer of the static function with the same amount of arguments...

This means, for two scripts attempting to use a function pointer for an asynchronous call, two scripts requesting a function pointer with the same amount of arguments are much more likely to interrupt each other than two scripts requesting a function pointer with a different amount of arguments.

Am I right about this? Is this what we should know about using GetCallbackPtr? Or did I go wrong somewhere? :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
12-25-2008 09:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pinecone

Coffee Powered

34 / Male / Flag
RE: [solved] CreateThread/GetCallbackPtr issues
I could be wrong, but my understanding about knowing if a function was called with the right number of arguments or not, is checking for a stack imbalance after the call, hence why the plus documentation says to only call functions with stdcall convention.

Edit: i just realised that what i said doesn't have much relevance... :P

This post was edited on 12-26-2008 at 10:17 AM by Pinecone.
12-26-2008 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: