What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » can only sign in - in safe mode!

can only sign in - in safe mode!
Author: Message:
bluejeans

O.P. can only sign in - in safe mode!
Now this is a weird error.  If I try to sign in normally, on any pc, using any msn client (even ebuddy on my phone), it won't connect (wlm gives me an 81000306 error code).  Any other account will sign in fine.  My main account will only sign in, in safe mode!  My other account will sign in on any other pc.  I've tried the regsvr32 fix, no luck.  Haven't tried reinstalling msn yet, because it's happening on another system (and even my phone).  Does anyone have a clue what happened?  I've had 2 spambots add me - one on each account - I spoke to one (not being familiar with what a spambot was until I was sent "I have a cam" message - opened a link, but in firefox and noscript turned on).  But my problems didn't start until almost a week after this... and I can sign in just fine with safe mode!  This is seriously weird... can anybody please help me out here?

EDIT: signed in with my eee pc, and was able to login.  Then signed in with my main pc, and got in ok, but every message came back with "this message could not be delievered to all recipients" - signed out, then tried to sign back in... same error.  Strange that it's *only* my account doing this...

This post was edited on 04-03-2010 at 08:48 AM by bluejeans.
04-03-2010 06:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rogirok

RE: can only sign in - in safe mode!
BRO.
I've the same problem.
Just that I didnt try on safe mode yet.
Other account are able to sign in perfectly.
Just that my main account cant sign in.
Please help me.
04-03-2010 11:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
davidm_silva

Yeah, I know my english is terrible.

– / Male / Flag
RE: can only sign in - in safe mode!
First let's find out what caused the problem in first place. Probably it was a virus. I'll ask you to to run hijackthis and click on the option "Do a system scan and save a log file" and then post here the log file as a reply to this topic.
Moving on, the solution can be as "simple" as to delete the contacts file:

You must set the folder options and layout on your computer correctly before you can view and delete the contents of your Contacts folder.

Set the folder options:
In Windows XP, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
In Windows Vista, on the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options.
Click the View tab.
In the Advanced Settings list, select Show hidden files and folders, make sure that Hide extensions for known file types is not selected, and then click OK.

Set the folder layout:
In Windows XP, on the View menu, point to Explorer Bar, and then make sure that Folders is checked.
In Windows Vista, on the Organize menu, point to Layout, and then make sure that Navigation Pane is selected.

Delete the contents of the Contacts folder:
In Windows XP, navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows logon name\Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder, and then delete all the files that are in the folder.
In Windows Vista, navigate to the C:\Users\Your Windows logon name\Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder, and then delete all the files that are in the folder.

Delete the contents of the Windows Live Contacts folder:
In Windows XP, navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows logon name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder, and then delete all the files that are in the folder.
In Windows Vista, navigate to the C:\Users\Your Windows logon name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder, and then delete all the files that are in the folder.

Close Windows Explorer and try to sign in to Messenger again.
04-05-2010 06:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: