What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I can't add anyone to my buddy list.

I can't add anyone to my buddy list.
Author: Message:
xUyennie

O.P. I can't add anyone to my buddy list.
I really don't know the reason why, but I made a new account since I thought my old one has some bugs or something. But after I made the new account, I cannot add anyone to my buddy list, at all, and I have 0 buddies. It said the same thing when I try to add my friends back on to my new MSN account (http://i46.tinypic.com/141sksk.jpg). I also tried restarting the comp, reinstalling MSN and msnPlus! but the problem is still there, nothing changes. Can anyone help me? D:
06-23-2010 07:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: I can't add anyone to my buddy list.
So, since you made the new account, you're not able to add any contacts on either your old or new account because it says they're both full?

Have you tried adding contacts on a web messenger such as eBuddy or on another computer?

If you have and find it's just your computer having the problem, try deleting these temporary files/folders related to Messenger:

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows Live Call\
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows Messenger\
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\
* C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Messenger\
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Temp\MessengerCache\
C:\Users\your_username\Contacts\

* NOTE: This folder contains your custom emoticons, display pics, backgrounds, etc. so you may want to backup before deleting.

The above file locations are for Windows Vista or 7. For more info or locations for XP, see CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!.

You should replace the letter C with the letter of your hard drive and your_username with the name of your Windows account.

Alternatively, CCleaner deletes some of these temporary files/folders when you run its cleaner, may be worth a try.

This post was edited on 06-24-2010 at 10:07 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-24-2010 10:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xUyennie

O.P. RE: I can't add anyone to my buddy list.
Yes, I tried to add people using my sister's laptop, it still says the same error. I tried with her account, and surprising, she got the same error as me as well. eBuddy said the same problem, that my contacts is full and I have to delete someone off, but I have 0 contacts, so I don't really get it. I deleted all those temporary files/folders that you just gave me but it doesn't work either. I think it's MSN that's having problems. Idk ;[.
06-24-2010 03:56 PM
xUyennie

O.P. RE: I can't add anyone to my buddy list.
Nvm, it's not MSN fault. I logged on 4 of my old accounts and I can add people perfectly, but when I log on my current, and new account, it said the same error message.
06-24-2010 04:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: