What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Unable to send messages in *re-opened* chat boxes

Unable to send messages in *re-opened* chat boxes
Author: Message:
Lycansquall

On fire we are, frozen we stand.

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Unable to send messages in *re-opened* chat boxes
Hey guys, normally wouldn't go this far with a problem I'm having but I really can't seem to do anything on my own about this.

So let's start from the beginning.

I installed Messenger Plus! because I love it (like 99% of people here ofc), and I really like one feature about it - multi-logging accounts. But, when I've installed MP! and activated the feature, I can chat with a friend - but when I close the window and.. let's say I re-open it or they message me again and it comes back up(?), I cannot, for the life of me, respond with a message. I send one, it instantly says it couldn't be sent [before even putting the message into chat].

* Now, I've checked this after uninstalling MP! and it's fine. So the issue is definitely not with WLM.
* I've turned the multi-login feature off and retried the method and it stays the same.
* If I log out and turn messenger off completely, then log back in I can now message the contact. -but as soon as I re-open a chatbox with any contact (note *re-open*) it will continue blocking out my messages.
* I notice that when I re-open a chat window there are TWO of that one person but one disappears almost in the blink of an eye.

Thanks for reading this guys, and I hope someone can point out what's wrong. Maybe I've got something set wrong without knowing. If I left anything out please let me know. :)

This post was edited on 08-14-2011 at 09:42 PM by Lycansquall.
08-14-2011 05:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lycansquall

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Unable to send messages in *re-opened* chat boxes
Still nobody seeing a fix for this issue?

I found that an annoying work-around is having my friends message me several times while closing the chat each time they message me.

Eventually 2 chat windows with the same person pops up (just like how it does when I try to talk to them first) then quickly disappears. After that I can then message them. But the problem will still occur if I close the chat window.
08-16-2011 06:56 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Unable to send messages in *re-opened* chat boxes
Are you using WLM 2011? Try disabling tabbed conversation windows both in Plus! and WLM. Don't know if this will fix anything  because it's a bit of a strange problem. If it does work it may be something one of the two programs is doing causing a problem with the other =/
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-16-2011 07:47 PM
Lycansquall

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Unable to send messages in *re-opened* chat boxes
I can't change tabbed settings for MP!, but I did disable tabbed for WLM 2011.

My version is WLM 2011 [Build 15.4.3538.513]

Messenger Plus! Version 5.02.0.712
08-16-2011 08:01 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: