What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't start conversation with specific contact?

Can't start conversation with specific contact?
Author: Message:
Selphos

O.P. Can't start conversation with specific contact?
Whenever I try to open a chat myself with a friend of mine instead of waiting for a message to come in, anything I try to send comes back and tells me that the message could not be sent to all recipient(s), and they don't see anything. Strangely, I have managed to get through without a problem on occasion, and I've also sometimes been blocked by the same error even if I didn't start the conversation. Everything else seems to work fine.

Could this have something to do with the fact that the contact in question uses a Yahoo address? I'm confused since they use Plus too with no problems.

(I think someone else posted a similar topic, but it was really hard to understand.)

This post was edited on 10-11-2011 at 11:12 PM by Selphos.
10-11-2011 11:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
keiththewolf

RE: Can't start conversation with specific contact?
I have the same problem, only i have 2 contacts that both have Yahoo addresses, and no messages can be delivered to them. I think this confirms that MP!L can't send messages to any Yahoo contacts. :/
01-16-2012 03:40 AM
Fenya

RE: Can't start conversation with specific contact?
quote:
Originally posted by Selphos

Could this have something to do with the fact that the contact in question uses a Yahoo address? I'm confused since they use Plus too with no problems.

simply: yes

i had the same problem with my parents... both using yahoo adresses... when they came here to visit me i watched their messenger (windows live) and there was a notice "you are chatting through yahoo" and when i checked my contacts via web-messenger there were 2 (!!) adresses for each of them... windows live added a @yahoo.com (while my parents only use @yahoo.de) and i was unable to delete the second...

i registered 2 new email-adresses for my parents at live.com and since then my problems are gone
01-16-2012 11:18 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: